Do you have a signature scent? I'm always envious of those who have found the perfect perfume for them because I never have. I have a bunch of different scents and dabble in the mix depending on my mood. And I'm never really careful about how I apply it, either. I spritz, I swipe, I rub wrists together - whatever it takes to get it on fast and get on with my day.
I learned a few things while reading an article from Cathy Helbig, Contributing Writer who covers all things fragrance. She talks about how and where to apply fragrance so it lasts longer. (Hint: Rubbing wrists together is not ideal.)
The most interesting thing to me that she talked about was applying a dab of Vaseline to help the fragrance last longer. Who knew! I know it might not be chic, but I love Vaseline for so many things. Here are my top 10 uses for Vaseline.
- Dry cuticle relief - especially in the cold winter months. Simply rub in once a day.
- Keeps elbows soft.
- Lip balm - put it over your lipstick for added hydration and shine or put it on before bed to keep chapped lips at bay.
- Lip Exfoliator - put it on your lips and softly brush with a toothbrush to exfoliate.
- Eye makeup remover - A little on a Q-tip works like a charm.
- Dry feet relief - put on before bed and put socks on to seal in the moisture. You'll be amazed in the morning.
- Makeup base - mix with a little powder blush for creamy cheek and lip color.
- Exfoliator - Mix it with salts or sugar to make a powerful scrub perfect for an at-home pedicure.
- Self-tanning lotion barrier - Put a little bit on areas such as fingers, nails, palms and areas that you don't want to get color.
- Apply a little on your little one's cheeks before going out in the snow to prevent them from getting chapped from the cold and wind.
It seems you either love Vaseline or hate it. If you're a Vaseline fan, what do you use it for, beauty or otherwise. Let us know in the comments.
Image courtesy PriceGrabber