Do you have large pores? Do you wish your pores were less noticeable? Welcome to the club. While pores really do play an important role on our skin, having large ones, especially on the face, sure can be a bummer. Who wants skin that resembles the peel of an orange?
We've taken some time to fill you in on what pores actually are and then came up with some ways that you can make them look smaller. You can't really shrink your pores, but you can take measures to make sure they don't get clogged and stretched.
Digital Vision/Getty Images
I wanted to take some time to say thank you for taking the time to read, email, share, engage and be a part of my life for the past six years. Today is my last day writing for About.com.
When I think back to when I started writing for About.com in 2008, I was thrilled to write about something that I was educated in and had such a passion for: skin care. The years flew by and while I always kept my passion for the skin care industry as a whole, my interests moved towards sun safety when I found out my daughter had advanced pediatric skin cancer.
Over the past two years since her diagnosis and through her treatments, I've immersed myself in the sun care industry and have found that this niche is such a perfect place for me to be. Last year I launched a website called Not Pasty where women are encouraged to see beauty in their natural skin tone - no matter how light or dark it is.
Along with writing about sun safety (and of course, beauty and skin care) at Not Pasty, I've found myself in the beginning stages of working towards educating youth about the realities of the sun. Read more about the site and my plans and if you would like to work with me in the future or have an opportunity for me, please reach out.
- To my readers, my utmost thanks to you. It has been so fun to hear from you and talk about all things skin - from wrinkles and pimples to product reviews and suggestions, I have had a blast. Truly I've been so lucky to be here. If you haven't connected on social media, I hope you will.
- To the amazing dermatologists, skin care line founders, book authors and other experts who have graciously worked with me, I hope our paths cross at Not Pasty and thank you for sharing your expertise with my readers.
- For my fellow About.com Experts, I am honored to have worked with you. I wish you the best and I hope to work with you in the future.
- To About.com, thank you for the opportunity, the exposure and all that went along with writing for your company. I wish you a lifetime of success.
- To the PR reps who have worked with me throughout the past 6 years, thank you for keeping me in the loop and it's be fun getting to know many of you. Feel free to keep me on your radar: email@example.com.
I'm sad to say goodbye to About.com, but I am excited about my future and I hope you'll follow along with me. You can find me on Facebook, my personal Twitter and my Not Pasty Twitter, Google+ and of course, Not Pasty or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the best to you,
P.S. Exfoliate, moisturize and most importantly, wear sunscreen! :)
It can be really difficult to figure out a skincare routine that works specifically for your skin type which is why most of us have a bathroom full of half used products and skin issues that we struggle with. Have you ever considered your skin care habits, not your skin care products, may be causing your skin care issues?
Take a look at these examples to see some common skincare mistakes many of us make. Most of them are an easy fix and you'll see big benefits in the long run.
Our latest review is Poppy Austin's Argan Oil. The ingredient list is simply 100% natural, organic argan oil. If you've been around my site at all in the past, you know how much of a fan I am of argan oil. It's, in my opinion, the best oil for your skin care routine.
I was pretty certain I was going to love this product because of my past love affair with most of the argan oils I've tried. Come check out my review and see what I thought.
Image provided by Poppy Austin