- ...make sure to ask the operators when they last cleaned the spray nozzles. If they get lazy that's when the drips and blotches occur. I've used Mystic Tan for 2 summers now and loved the results using the medium then later dark...never had an orange appearance. The others are correct, make sure to exfoliate and moisturize the day before you go. I apply a thick even coat of facial moisturizer to prevent the redness on my acne senitive face, but my legs turn out great!
- —Guest sophie
I'd Definitely Reccomend It!
- Im italian, and i have olive skin. The "medium" tone looks fantastic! Im very concerned with skin care, so this was a great alternative to a tanning bed! :)
- —Guest Lokita
Pooped in my pants
- I did the mystic tan and the salon owner did not express the importance of wiping in and upward motion around my calves, so the next day my husband says "what the heck is that staining on the back of your calves?" when I told him he said "it looks like you pooped in your pants and it ran down your legs!" sorry for the graffics, but it really did look that way and it stayed for days! OMG
- —Guest Christine
- i just did it yesterday (i am trying to get "tan" for a trip to st. lucia) and i woke up a wonderfully golden brown (i am fair to a small bit medium in my "non tan" color). i have seen some responses about being orange (i didn't experience that) but with my father just having skin cancers removed, even if i was a little orange, it sure beats cancer! tanning is just not a good alternative. i did the turn-four-times. the girl who helped me was awesome and totally explained everything to this newbie. also, they opened a new cartridge right in front of me and put it in so i know it was new. i will be going back.
- —Guest new to mystic
I thought it was great!
- I did it this weekend and it was awesome! I am generally pasty white but have a "farmer" tan, and my legs never tan. The attendant gave me a thorough prep; I entered the booth when it said it was ready and did what the voice over said. The booth was warm, the spray was not unpleasant and I didn't feel like I couldn't breathe when it stopped spraying. I stayed in the booth longer to dry off. I feel like the tan was a bit orangey, but overall I thought the effect was great. The bottoms of my feet are still brown though; there's got to be a better way to do that, and my hands are just now (4 days later) starting to look normal. For a while I thought the barrier cream had tanner in it, but now I know I probably didn't use enough. The attendant told me to not rub in the spray tan, and that if it was still wet when I exited the booth that I should blot it with a towel, not wipe it. There were a few places on my body where the tan seemed a bit uneven but I can't wait to try it again.
- —Guest Brian P
it came out horrible
- Ok I got my mystic spray tan for the first time I pictured a bueatiful brown tan and I tan easy because I'm draker andb puerto rican but I just want to say for all people with acne and uneven tones it looks horrible my face is dark brown red and orange and I have a strike on my forehead my body has lighter and darker tones am a mess don't waste your money just go tanning
- —Guest christina
- Didn't expect this experience to be so unpleasant, but when i walked in, and after i pushed the button for it to start spraying cold mist was sprayed with a lot of pressure all over me making it hard to breathe, but practically impossible to hold my breath. i was so shocked..and even after i turned around for it to do my back i still felt like i couldnt breathe.. and now 6 hours later my tan is coming in and somehow got a few orange spots on my palms and a distinct change of color between my wrist and my hand. pretty horrible experience..the tan doesn't look too bad over all but i'm not sure if i'd be willing to go through the whole process again!!
- —Guest L
- i used mystic tan for the first time yesterday and i hated it. it was all pleasant the first day but i woke up this morning looking like an oompa loompa and definitely looked orange compared to normal people. i do not recommend this for pale people. it will be blatantly obvious that you fake tanned. also it is very uneven everywhere and my face looks awful.
- —Guest ariel
Mystic Tan is fabulous!
- I've been doing Mystic Tan for several years and have never had any problem once I got the routine down of using the barrier cream as directed, using the hairnet and goggles, and lightly toweling off after each application. I am very pale with sensitive skin (and I have never had a reaction), so my color is gorgeously natural (I only go as dark as medium) and lasts a week on average. The main trick is to exfoliate completely right before you go -the color saturates better - and all should be fine. Happy fake tanning!
- —Guest NinjaBooKitty
I like mystic tan
- I am in my late twenties and have been using tanning beds for a long time. Not every day or excessively but enough to make me worry about the damage I have been doing to my skin. I have been personally air brushed before and I loved it! The area I am visiting does not have anyone to personally airbrush me but they do have a the Mystic Tan booth. I was hesitant at first because I first used the instant tan booth when they first came out and i was not happy with the results at all. I decided 6 years or so later I would give it another try. My Mystic Tan came out beautiful. It does not look fake or orange. The sunless tanning booths have come a long way and I would recommend this to someone looking for a quick harmless tan.
- —Guest Harmony
- Thought this was a safe alternative to the tanning bed, so I gave it a whirl today. After a very brief personal instruction, I applied barrier cream to hands and feet as directed (what they forgot to tell me was to totally saturate these areas - lesson I learned the hardway). Stepped into the cold booth, pushed the green button and BAM I'm being pressured washed with orange spray that reaks and NOT breathing is nearly impossible. Turn around and BAM I'm being blasted again with the freezing spray. Couldn't open my eyes with tanning solution dripping off my eyelids, so I slowly try to "feel" my way out of the booth...reached for a towel and OH MY GOD! LOOK AT ME! I'm dripping with this sticky, stinky solution from head to toe. Rubbed the solution in best I can, but still streaky and smelly. Even hours after the spray tan, I'm oozing the solution from all areas of my body and I smell (not supposed to shower for 24 hours). The plus side, I do look darker, but in a streaky kind of way.
- —Guest Trina
- I did it for the first time yesterday. I had watched the video on Mystic Tan website and read the reviews. I went at 6:30PM and didn't shower until the morning. When I woke up I could see the tan, a nice color, but the sides of my hands, below my pinky, was dark dark and one dark splotch on my arm near my elbow. Also, I have some wrinkles above my knees and this afternoon you can see the white in the wrinkles like its wearing off. I might do it again, if I can master the barrier cream. We'll see....
- —Guest Lori
Unlimited Mystics only cost me $59/month
- Just wanted to add that I pay $59 a month for unlimited Mystics (could go everyday if I wanted), so be scared off by hearing about the $25 per tan statements.
- —Guest anon
Great alternative to real tanning!
- It's not perfect and it doesn't look 100% authentic, but it's pretty close. However, it's worlds better than actual tanning. Consistently hitting the tanning beds will turn your face into a catcher's mitt by the time you hit your mid-thirties, trust me. If you decided that you would rather just tan than use a spray-tan, I would strongly urge you to reconsider. Trust me when I say a decade of tanning really takes it toll and you will almost certainly regret it.
- —Guest anon
Love it! Tricks to barrier cream
- I got an unlimited package to do the new mymyst mystic tan - i go every 5 days or so. i've been able to try some different things with the barrier cream and what works for my feet and hands is to apply way more barrier cream than you think you need. between the fingers and toes and very thick on top. i wash my hands completely about 2 hours after and its flawless. I think the main thing is to really use more cream on your hands than you think you should - then it'll come out great. i LOVE the mymyst.
- —Guest Guest M