this is crazy
- I am very fair skinned and recently moved to Texas. I usually look like Casper the ghost compared to the other tan people here. I decided to try the mystic, it looked great at first glance but this morning after I showered half most of the color didn't take to the back of my legs my face is dark and my knees hands feet ankles and elbow's are orange (I used the barrier cream) so I guess because of how my skin is it just decided not to take to half my body, but my face arms and shoulders look great! lmao this is ridiculous to each their own. good luck!
- —Guest umpa lumpa
First time user
- I decided out of nowhere to get a tan. I wish I had been a little more prepared. Advice: use lots of barrier cream, make sure to get in between toes. hold your breath, and dont freak out, the stuff tastes terrible.
- —Guest Marleana
- I went today and followed all the steps. I got the light color, because i have fair skin. I used the barrier cream on the creases of my body (neck, tummy muffin lol) as well as my elbows, knees, hands and feet. It's a very subtle glow but not too orange. & It costs about the same as what religiously tanning my skin with UV rays would cost monthly, without the damage to my skin. Not bad at all.
- —Guest Noob
Good and bad
- I wanted to have some colour before going to Mexico as I am very fair. Decided to try it a week before going...the lightest setting with bronzer did nothing. I even forgot to put on the barrier cream and...nothing. Next day went and had it redone on medium and it was great! Had it redone before getting on the airplane and felt great! However, halfway through Mexico my actual tan wasn't kicking in fast enough and I was noticeably blotchy for a couple days. A little embarrassing as I felt that my tanning efforts had been exposed as fake! I might do it again as it was an instant confidence booster for someone who's been told they're so pale all their life. However, I don't know how you weekly mystic people afford it!! I got it on a sale promotion and still paid $100 for two!!
- —Guest Mexico
- Okay, so I tried Mystic yesterday, after reading lots of great reviews, and a few bad ones. I watched an instructional video on YouTube and, I think, did everything right in terms of prep. This morning I wake up--orange. Now, I never turn orange with self-tanning lotions--not even a little. But I am orange. Must depend on your personal body chemistry. Mine does not agree with Mystic's spray formula. Plus, my feet have black rings on them, and my hands look filthy. Yes, I used barrier cream. Yes, I exfoliated. Yes, I wiped down my hands and feet after tanning. Yes! I am orange. Go ahead and try it. It might work for you. But (A) don't try it before an important event; and (B)wear some kind of plastic booties on your feet. If you don't, when you change positions during tanning, you will be stepping on spray covered floor--and your feet will be saturated! As for me, I've been wearing jeans and a long-sleeved sweater all day...and it's in the nineties!
- —Guest Pumpkin
- I really like mystic. I don't tan well so this is a quick way for me to get a golden tan. I after applying barrier cream, I put a papertowel under each foot and just shift on the towels as the machine says to turn. That way the bottoms of my feet don't pick up the color. Be sure not to use moisterizer with alpha hydrox afterward b/c it will fade your tan. Mine lasts 5-7 days.
- —Guest mari
- In order to look great like I do,shave night before.Exfoliate but not too harsh.Moisterize. Don't be afraid of the barrier cream...slab it on your dry areas because it picks up most color. Then you will look flawless!!!
- —Guest Great
- I got the mystic tan a couple of days ago and since there's been nothing but trouble. i barely saw any change in my skin color AND because i breathed in all of the spray while in the booth (which is terrifying by the way) i am now experiencing cold like symptoms because it got into my sinuses. This was a very bad idea.
- —Guest I'll never do that again.
How to get it right
- You can't just up and decide you want to get a mystic. Once decided, you MUST take these steps for A WEEK to get it right. Otherwise you too will have horror stories. ALSO GET THE RIGHT COLOR. Don't go too dark. I am dark & tan easily & I still use the medium. Not sure? start with a level 1. 1. Exfoliate with gloves and wash daily 2. Moisturize 1x or 2x/day from head to toe 3. SHAVE in 24hr period before you go 4. Paint nails to avoid turning yellow (remove once finished tanning) Follow the instructions and don't be afraid of the blocker lotion. Glop it on hands and feet. Immediately wipe off (DON'T DAB) from base of heels up & base of wrist up arms. Pay most attention to areas that bend/wrinkle or have excess skin. Don't wash it off until the next day. Wait a few days before exfoliating again and make sure to keep moisturizing. WEEK AFTER RESULTS: The tan will start to spot off in about 3 days. Go weekly to stay tan or it slowly fads off. Nothing scary looking when fading.
- —Guest jean marie
love it when u do it right
- u gotta make sure u use barrier cream properly. if u do your experience will be fantastic. pat down any excess, dont rub!! I GO ONCE A WEEK AND LOVIN IT!
- —Guest bradley email@example.com
Mystic all the way!!!!
- I had the best experience ever! Did a med cart and the color is even and not too dark!! Can't wait to do another one..
- —Guest Ashley Edmonton
I'm Tan for the First Time!
- I got a Mystic Tan for the first time this past weekend and I am completely in love with the results! I'm fair-skinned, so I used the lightest color, and it turned out great. I shaved and exfoliated the night before, then went the next morning. The lady gave me a packet of moisturizer ("to balance the pH in my skin so it would tan evenly"), which I put all over my body, and then I put the barrier lotion on my hands and feet. The only problem I had was the palms of my hands turned orange, I think because I didn't use enough of the barrier lotion. Next time, I'll just use a lot more lotion, so that doesn't happen. My husband loves my color! We've been married 5 years and he's never seen me tan before! Heck, I'm 27 and I've never seen me tan before! I love it!
- —Guest Bethany
Loveddddd it lots!
- I'm 14 years old and I got the clear mystic tan today and got so many complements! I was asked if I had been on vacation. So happy with the golden brown results!!!
- —Guest Bbgirl
Love love LOVE IT
- I go all the time n I love it. The first time is a little startling but u get used to it. I'm fair skinned and the light with a single boost gives me a perfect brown and dose not make me look orange at all. Will keep using it as long as they have it. :)
- —Guest Love tan
Gotta love it
- I am relatively new to mystic tans; but I've been around long enough to figure something out. The main thing is: If you are orange, or streaked...you didn't properly prepare you skin. How do I know? My first visit was a nightmare, as I assumed my "regular" skincare routine was enough. NOT TRUE. My tan was patchy at best, and being honest, my skin was in pretty good condition becuse I moisturise daily. I allowed it to wear off (much scrubbing and crying in the process. LOL) then I considered what the lady at TansRus told me. I started an intense skin care routine; including exfoliating, moisturising several times a day to get my skin into shape. After a full week of skin care I went back, got into the exact same booth again, on the exact same setting. You should see the difference! WOW! Had I not been fair to the process I would be a "Hater" of mystic...but that's not the case. So thanks to everyone who left skincare tips...because SKINCARE IS ABSOLUTELY THE KEY!!
- —Guest Amy