It's easy to get carried away buying lip gloss, but did you know you can make your own with the ingredients you probably already have on hand? Follow these directions to make custom homemade lip gloss.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Gather your ingredients and head to a well lit area, preferably with direct sunlight.
- Put approximately a teaspoon of petroleum jelly into a small bowl.
- Mix some blush into the petroleum jelly. You can use any kind of blush, including cream, mineral or powder. You can apply as little or as much color as you'd like depending on the look you're going for.
- If you'd like to add shimmer, try adding in a hint of mineral eyeshadow with mica shimmer powder. (A little goes a long way!)
- If you'd like to flavor your lip balm, add in a drop of essential oil such as citrus or peppermint.
- Mix these ingredients together until well blended and then store in a small tub. An old lip balm container is a great place to store it.
- Instead of blush, consider using a bit of lipstick. This is a great way to use up the very last bit of lipstick in the tube.
- Instead of mixing an entire tub worth, try just making enough for one use and using the blush you're wearing that day.
- Try saving the your used mineral eye shadow tubs when their empty. These make excellent lip balm containers.
- Get creative! Mix and match colors each time until you find your favorite.
What You Need
- Petroleum Jelly
- Small mixing bowl
- A spatula is desired, but you can use a spoon if you don't have one
- mica shimmer powder (if desired)
- essential oils (if desired)