The Bottom Line
Have you noticed every child has soft skin? Lionel De Benetti, Global Director of Research and Development at Clarins tells us it's due to the constant supply of moisture to the capillaries and perfectly functioning nerve endings in children's skin. This all changes when you age. Capillaries don't receive the moisture needed to remain supple, and nerve endings start to diminish. Clarins Younger Longer Balm can help.
A pump or two, 3 nights a week ensures this balm will last a long time. (A plus when spending $98) This will plump up fine lines and wrinkles, and results are visible from day one.
- Thick luxurious cream visibly pampers your skin.
- Only need to use it 3 times a week alternating with your regular night time moisturizing.
- Great information brochure included to teach you application methods and general info.
- Price - $98 for 1.7 ounces
- Scent may be a bit too strong for some.
- Perfect to use alternating with your current night cream 3-4 times a week.
- When applying, follow the "Youth Stimulating Application Method" which consists of gentle tapping motions.
- Your skin will feel pampered and hydrated immediately. Fine lines will continue to improve with regular usage.
- Patented formulation is full of natural ingredients that promote healthy circulation in the skin.
Guide Review - Clarins: Younger Longer Balm
Clarins Younger Longer Balm is so high tech it comes with an instruction manual. Younger Longer Balm is a thick cream that is suggested to be used at night, alternating with your regular night cream. What's promised is that over time, your skin will be retrained to look, feel and act years younger. This is due to a two step system that works on the skins capillaries as well as the nerves.
When I first used Younger Longer Balm, I couldn't help but notice how thick and luxurious it was. One pump was more than enough for my entire face. The scent was very obvious, and while I personally didn't mind it, those of you with aversions to strong smelling products may have a hard time with it. It did however fade very quickly. When you apply this cream, Clarins recommends that you use their "Youth Stimulating Method" to produce faster results. They include step-by-step instructions with pictures for this tapping method. In a nutshell, you should take a pump or two and rub it in your hands to warm it up a bit. Then, tap it gently across your cheeks, head and finally your neck. They use a comparison of wet sand on the beach. When you step on wet sand, you will bring up water; patting in the product will bring moisture up through the skin's levels.
This cream felt fabulous on my skin; my skin felt so soft and supple. Upon waking, not only did my skin still feel hydrated, it did not have the usual puffy appearance, despite getting less sleep than desired.
The high price is a big downfall Clarins Younger Balm has against it. If price isn't a major issue when deciding on skin care products and you're looking for a good product to add to your anti-aging regime, I'd definitely give it a try.