Blog Description by Diane, the Brains Behind The Beauty Alchemist
The Beauty Alchemist is written by a lifelong beauty lover. My affair with beauty started back when I first painted my nails lilac at age 5. It progressed with borrowing moms makeup until I got my first Lancome eye duo at 16, one I still have as a memento.
I love talking makeup, skincare and all things beauty. That spurred the blog idea as a place to share tips learned through the years, and talk about exciting new beauty finds.
Five Questions We Want Answers To
If I gave you $100, what beauty items that you don't own would you buy? Amore Pacific Intensive Vitalizing Eye Complex.
Two beauty blogs you love that we should know.
- Blogdorf Goodman - The first blog I ever read and still one of the very best. She's a true beauty junkie, witty and fun. She puts a little of herself into each post and covers the best products out there.
- Butterfly Diary - Charu covers it all, fun events like the recent pre-Tony awards, as well as what's new and hot in skin care and makeup. All done in a quick but informative way. She has a great sense of humor and doesn't take it all too seriously.
Three skin care tips you'd like to share with us.
- If you have oily skin, use toner daily. When asked, dermatologists and experts seem to differ on this, but to me it's a must. I use one with at least 1 % salicylic acid. It removes any remaining makeup residue after cleansing, gets off all the daily oil buildup, helps unclog pores and leaves a small amount of anti -acne medicine on your skin.
- Use eye cream. This is a basic and one everyone will tell you, but it never hurts to reiterate. Eye cream is a must whether you use moisturizer all over or not.
Eyes have the least oil glands and the skin is thinnest. If you use eye cream every day, your eyes will thank you years later.
- If you have very oily skin but also need anti-aging products, try a serum. Serums usually have less humectants in them, but solid ingredients to help anti-aging concerns. These are especially nice in warmer weather.
Four skin care or beauty steps you religiously do.
- Tone my skin twice a day with a salicylic acid based toner.
- Use an eye cream with SPF in morning, a more hydrating one at night.
- Use a clay mask. This helps to really clean out pores and calm any acne issues.
- Exfoliate. This makes such a difference in how skin looks. I try to do this every week.
Five fantastic products you use now, and why you love them.
- Mario Badescu Drying Cream - Hands down the best acne treatment I have ever used. It drys up a spot(s) in one to two days normally. A lifesaver.
- Cover Fx Clear Prep Primer/ MAC Prep & Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment - These are two very similar products that work really well. At last, primers for those of us with oily skin. They have small doses of salicylic acid and make such a difference under makeup. They are mattifiers, and they help keep the T -Zone matte a little longer.
- Biotherm Multi Recharge for Eyes - The most refreshing eye serum I have used. After a long day, this cools, smooths and wakes up eye area. Perfect for difficult mornings too.
- Clinique Turnaround Instant Facial - I was amazed at what a difference this made in my skin. I have pretty good skin, but when I use this, I look brighter, more even, smoother, you name it. It only takes 5 minutes too, which makes it even better.
- Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum - This is moisturizing, but light and sinks right in. I love using it after being out by the pool all day. It seems to really brighten, moisturize just enough and all that antioxidant protection can't hurt either.
You can find much more about Diane and her blog, The Beauty Alchemist on her website.