SheFinds blog description provided by Michelle Madhok, founder of SheFinds.
Over at SheFinds, we spend our days searching the Internet for gorgeous, wearable clothes, figuring out which beauty products we'd actually want to buy (and passing on the info), and finding fast fixes for pesky fashion problems, to bring you the best finds in every category. We’re all about finding fashion and beauty that works in the real world, saves time, and makes you feel great...so you don't have to bother with hours of searching. Just browse and click - all the legwork is already done.
If I gave you $100, what new-to-you beauty product would you buy? I'd definitely try an at-home laser hair removal machine - I've spent so much time and money on hair removal treatments at salons over the years, it would be completely revelatory to be able to do it at home!
Two beauty blogs you love that we should know. Aside from (of course) SheFinds and MomFinds, I love The Beauty Brains, because they give you behind-the-scenes science-y info about how cosmetics work (or don't work), but it doesn't feel like a high school chemistry lesson.
I'm also a big fan of Yahoo's Shine, which puts up fun videos about how to get great clothes on a budget, copy a celeb's look, or dress your body to its best advantage.
Can you share 3 of your favorite skin care tips with us?
- If you're pressed for time getting ready for an event, use one of those oil-based salt or sugar scrubs - it's like a 3-in-1 treatment: It cleans and exfoliates, leaving skin brighter than before, plus the oils make moisturizer unnecessary.
- Sunscreen. I know, nothing new, but it's hard to overstate the importance of this one.
- Related to 2. - if you tend to forget your face sunscreen, by a tinted moisturizer or foundation with SPF in it. Voila, you'll never forget again.
What four skin care or beauty steps do you religiously do.
- I use tinted moisturizer with sunscreen every day.
- I never forget under eye cream.
- Instead of lipstick, I fill the whole lip with liner, and then swipe on some tinted lip gloss. It lasts longer, and looks better if it starts to fade.
- I use a flatiron - it's the only way to keep my wavy hair straight and shiny, especially if there's any hint of humidity in the air.
What five fantastic products you use now, and why do you love them?
- Armani Luminous Silk foundation, because it never fails to make skin look flawless - especially helpful for TV appearances.
- MD Skincare All-In-One tinted moisturizer with sunblock, because it helps me to never forget my sunscreen.
- Therapy Systems Self-Adjusting Facial Peel, because it's almost as strong as the spa treatments, but way, way cheaper.
- Clarins Delicious Self-Tanning Cream, because it smells pleasant, unlike most, and it's a lot healthier than hours in the sun.
- Jo Malone Orange Blossom Cologne, because it smells like California, where I grew up.
Thanks Michelle! Find more from Michelle at SheFinds.com.