The Bottom Line
- Thick, hydrating cream perfect for dry skin.
- The hydration is long lasting.
- Price is right for this product that works.
- Not the best smelling lotion. (Neem is known for being a bit stinky.)
- Takes a while for the product to soak in.
- No date or use by time line listed.
- 4.4 ounces of hand and foot cream that currently retails for $18.
- 100% natural ingredients.
- Company completely follows the Ayurveda principles.
Guide Review - Bhaktiveda: Neem Hand & Foot Cream
Bhaktiveda: Neem Hand & Foot Cream is a cream that relies on the amazing hydrating properties of Neem oil - oil pressed from an evergreen tree in India. Neem oil is known for its medicinal properties and is one of the best ingredients to look for if you're looking for a great moisturizing cream. This product in particular has Neem Oil, Neem Extract, Neem Leaf Powder it it!
And great doesn't even come close to what this product can do for your skin! One application literally changes your skin! If you have dry, scaly, scratchy hands or feet, you're going to see instant change when using this cream. (It's great for elbows and knees, too!)
There is just something about Neem, however, that needs noting. It's not the best smelling ingredient. And while Bhaktiveda's cream doesn't smell bad, it's not going to smell as enjoyable as a typical peppermint foot cream. The cream has rosemary extract and lavender in it, and the combination leads to an earthy smell.
The texture of the cream is very thick and light gray in color. It reminds us of a thick clay facial mask consistency.
Giving this product a star rating was hard. (It almost always is!) We love, love, love the results that we get from this cream. In fact, we can't think of a product that compares in ability to hydrate, but the length of time it takes to fully soak in reminds us more of a hydration mask instead of a foot or hand cream.
After a good 10 minutes, we felt able to get up and walk around, but it definitely took that long. So if you can remember to put this on while you're going to be sitting for a while, you'll love it! If you're looking for something quick and easy, you'll be disappointed.
What is Ayurveda?
Bhaktiveda is a company that follows old India's Ayurveda principles. If you're not familiar with Ayurveda, Bhaktiveda gave us a brief breakdown.
In Ayurveda, health is determined by the balance of three principles that are the most fundamental expressions of the unified field on the physical level. The three basic principles are the three doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
These doshas are present throughout the body, with each one predominating at certain places and performing specific functions. When the three doshas are in balance, the individual enjoys good health and well-being. When not in balance, a person can suffer disease and misfortune.
- Vata is quick, cold and dry by nature. It governs motion, breathing, circulation and the flow of nerve impulses to and from the brain.
- Pitta is hot and precise. It governs digestion, metabolism and the processing of food, air and water throughout the body.
- Kapha is solid and steady. It governs structure and fluid balance and forms the muscle, fat and bone in the body. Every person has a certain amount of Vata, Pitta and Kapha in them, all very active, with one or two usually dominating.