Caldrea is a home and body care line that looks and feels completely high end, but is priced more in the line of slightly-splurging, but so worth it price. The bottles are over-sized, the smells are out of this world and the look is clean and simple. And an added benefit, the products are made right in the United States, Minnesota, to be exact. We bought ours at Target.
Caldrea: Hand Lotion - Description
Though there are multiple scent options, today we are reviewing the Olive Oil Hand Lotion. The description on the back reads, "This green, uplifting fragrance adds an herbal twist to the heady scent of fresh-pressed olives. A fresh touch of coriander is complemented by base notes of cedar, amber and musk."
Also, "Shea butter and olive, soybean and sunflower oil provide key nutrients for supple skin. Natural essential oils leave hands soft, smooth and smelling fresh."
The lotion comes in a pump top plastic bottle with clean lines and simple packaging. The bottle contains 16 ounces.
Earlier in the month, we put up a review of Caldrea's Hand Soaps. We absolutely loved them and still do. For whatever reason, our Target has about 6 scents from Caldrea and some are priced much cheaper than others. I even had a Target employee check if there was an error, because the Olive Oil and Citron Ginger hand soaps, lotions and counter top cleaners were marked at $1.74, but he promised that that was the right price. I'm not sure if that is just an error, but if I were you, I'd run and stock up.
See more Budget Beauty products we recommend
Caldrea: Hand Lotion - Review
Things We Love:
- Scent: The scent is addictive. As in, hands up to your nose so you can smell it again and again, addictive. It is artificial fragrance, but it smells so clean.
- Moisturizing Ability: This hand lotion does a great job at moisturizing. I would say, though, that it isn't as heavy as a hand cream and could just as easily be used as a body moisturizer.
- Bottles: The bottles are clean-lined, not overly noticeable and blend in perfectly with your decor. We keep one at our bathroom sink right next to the soap.
- Product Amount in Bottle: They have the same amount of product in both the hand soaps and the hand lotions, so they look great sitting side by side. Plus, 16 ounces is a great amount of product for a hand lotion.
- Made in the USA: As noted above, made in Minnesota. Also, the bottles are biodegradable and there is no animal testing at all.
- Availability: As noted above, our Target is currently selling them, but we all know how products cycle through at Targets, so if your store doesn't sell them, you can buy them online.
Caldrea: Hand Lotion - Final Thoughts
There is nothing greater than finding a product that makes you feel like you splurged, makes you feel pampered and smells so good. Not to mention, works so well! We got all of those fuzzy feelings when we bought Caldrea's Hand Lotion. So much so that we got the counter cleaner, too! And oooh, does that make my kitchen smell amazing. Try the line.
See more hand care product reviews
Ingredients in Olive Oil Hand Lotion
water (aqua) (eau), caprylic/capric triglyceride, C12-15, alkyl benzoate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, glyceryl sterate, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, ceteareth-20, aloe marbadensis leaf juice, dimethicone, glycine soja (soybean) oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, coriandrum sativum (coriander) seed oil, thua occidentalis (cedar) leaf oil, fragrance (parfum), myristyl myristate, ammonium acrylate/acrylate copolymer, cetyl alcohol, polysorbate 20, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol.