ACTIVAROMA: Lavender and Peppermint Bath & Shower Oil is a mix of oils that you apply directly to your skin or in your bath water for a moisturizing soak.
ACTIVAROMA Lavender and Peppermint Bath & Shower Oil: Description and Directions
ACTIVAROMA: Bath & Shower Oil comes in a nine different scent combinations. The one we sampled is Lavender & Peppermint. These oils are to be applied directly to your skin after or during your shower or used in your bath for a moisturizing body treatment.
Bath and Shower Oils are a combination of argan oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil and organic sunflower oil mixed with 100% essential oils. In the Lavender and Peppermint mix, the essential oils are lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, geranium bourbon, spruce black. (Oh, and the cheeky ingredient 'love' that is so popular to find on ingredient lists these days, much to our dismay.)
3.4 ounces of oil comes packaged in a glass bottle and retails for $59.
ACTIVAROMA: Lavender and Peppermint Bath & Shower Oil - Our Review
Things I Love:
- Scent: The scent of this oil is pure and amazing. This is coming from someone who is only just recently starting to enjoy lavender. The mix of peppermint with the lavender creates this addictive aromatherapy blend that I can't get enough of. When applied directly to your skin, the scent lasts for hours. I put some on my son's arms before school one morning and could still smell a hint of it when he got home from school 7 hours later.
- The Moisturizing Benefits: When applied directly to the skin, this hydrates wonderfully. Apply right when you step out of the shower to damp skin. Instructions say you can apply it in the shower, but I'd recommend just waiting until you get out.
- Massage Oil: I love that they suggest using this as a massage oil. It is wonderful for that.
- The Amount: This is a full bottle, and when you're only using a few little squirts of oil, it could last a really long time.
Something I Wasn't Crazy About
- The 6 Month Shelf Life: Because this is all natural, there is a short shelf life of only 6 months. I've used this multiple times on my entire body and in my bath and It looks like I've barely used any. Unless you're using this daily, I can't see running out after 6 months. Maybe a smaller bottle with half the product would be a better option for those who like to vary their products.
- The Price: Related to the above statement, $59 for a product that you love is OK, but with a short shelf life, it's a definite splurge.
ACTIVAROMA: Lavender and Peppermint Bath & Shower Oil - Final Thoughts
I absolutely love ACTIVAROMA's Lavender and Peppermint Bath and Shower Oil. The scent, the way it moisturizes your skin so well, the list of ingredients is all wonderful. Looking at the list of other scents, I'm dying to try a few more like Lemon & Ginger and Mandarin & Vanilla. The product is high-quality, splurge-worthy and addictive and if you like aromatherapy products and scents, I know you'll be pleased with your purchase.
But as noted above, I really wish there was an option for smaller sizes because of the shorter shelf life or even a sample kit of small bottles to try before you splurge on the larger bottle.