The Bottom Line
- Coming with a wooden base, this is a beautiful addition to your bathroom.
- It makes you feel like you're truly getting a spa treatment at home.
- It smells completely luxurious.
- It will last for a very long time; you hardly make a dent when you use it.
- A body exfoliating ball made by Ojon, who also makes luxurious hair and body products
- Made in the Tawaka villages in the tropical rainforests of Central America.
- Each ball has the same amount of anti-oxidants as 2,834 lbs of blueberries!
- Made in small batches, it takes up to two days to make each ball.
- Ojon: Tawaka Ball retails for $65,and is a perfect gift to give someone who loves to pamper themselves.
Guide Review - Ojon Tawaka Ball
You must have seen Ojon's Tawaka Ball by now, and unless you've tried it, you're probably wondering just what it's all about. Let me tell you that I am in love with this little ball. It not only exfoliates and cleanses your body, it comes in this beautiful wooden base to keep your Tawaka Ball in place.
The Tawaka Ball is made in the Tawaka villages in the tropical rainforests of Central America. These balls are made in small batches inspired by a 1000 year old cleansing ball, and includes four traditional indigenous wildcrafted ingredients: Ojon oil, savage cacao, Swa oil and Alula extract. Each ball takes up to two days to create.
I could not wait to open this up and use it right away. The second I opened it up, the smell of cocoa filled the air. I had to explain to my children that while it looked and smelled like a large chocolate ball, it was definitely not to eat. (Can you hear the groans?) I have to admit, I was a little nervous that I was going screw something up when I read that you had to prepare the ball before use. But rest assured, there is no way to screw it up. You start by unwrapping the large orange size ball's foil wrapping and running the smooth ball under warm water for a good 2 minutes while rubbing your hands all around it. You will see what looks like mud washing away, and soon enough you'll start to feel little exfoliating bits. Once you've washed away the smooth part, you're ready to exfoliate.
Use twice a week for best results by rubbing all around your body in circular motions and you'll not only remove dead skin cells, you'll also get a boost of skin protecting anti-oxidants. One ball has the same anti-oxidants as 2,834 lbs of blueberries!
Ojon's Tawaka Ball retails for $65, but it is completely solid, and will last for a very long time. This is the perfect pampering gift to give, or get one just for you!