Some people look for an alternative to antiperspirants for health reasons. The use of aluminum-based antiperspirants has brought worry about risk of cancer, Alzheimer disease and even kidney disease. Though Paul Pestano, MS, research analyst with the Environmental Working Group says, "Breast cancer and Alzheimer's are two complicated diseases which are difficult to associate with one singular cause, such as antiperspirant/deodorant use". Read more about the safety of antiperspirants.
Even with experts claiming aluminum-based products are safe to use, many people look to deodorants without aluminum. Note: Deodorants do not stop sweating, only help with odor control. Excessive sweating? Try This.
Currently the body spray deodorant retails for $6.99 and comes in four scents: Onyx Storm, Cobalt Sky, Granite Rain and Unscented. The bottle holds 4 ounces of product.
Things We Liked
- The Smell: We had the chance to try out each scent and they all smelled wonderful. Our favorite one is the Cobalt Sky, which is a great manly smell.
- The Price: $7.00 is a good price for a natural product. So often the natural alternatives in the beauty and health industry are priced so much higher than the less-natural options. Not in this case.
- No Staining on our Shirts: We were happy to see that even though we had wetness throughout the day, we did not have sweat stains or deodorant stains on even our bright white shirt.
- Our Tween Boy Tester Loved It: Some of the men's deodorants just smell too much like a stinky man for our soon to feel good about wearing. These deodorants went over well with him.
Things We Didn't Like
- Took a Long Time to Dry: We felt like we had to hold our arms up for a long time to let them dry. (Yep! We're normally a stick crowd. Do you have to hold your arms up? Felt like the thing to do.)
- Body Spray?: When I gave one to my husband to use, he said, "What does it mean by body spray? Is it really going to work or is this just something to spray on like cologne to smell better?" The website reads: Hold bottle 5 inches from targeted area and press and hold nozzle. I guess you could use it anywhere you feel you need odor control. (Allergic to Deodorant?)
- Ack! The sweat! This probably sounds like the obvious, but we didn't stop sweating. I know, I know, not the point to this product at all, but we are so used to putting on deodorant to stop sweating that it was uncomfortable to get used to the wet sticky feeling all day. Did we stink? Nope! Did we sweat? Heck yes! (Anterperspirant for Feet?)
What Others are Saying About Crystal Rock Body Spray
- I guess I thought this could be a natural alternative to my usual deodorant. However, it seemed just like a mildly fragrant spray to me. You'd be better off using a spray cologne. This product was weak in all aspects. - Amazon Reviewer
- Let me tell you I used to use Mitchum every day and this is by far the most amazing deodorant I've used aside from Mitchum. It keeps me smelling zero (and I sweat a lot) and the scents of the of the deodorant are great. -- Amazon Reviewer
- I'm impressed by how well this deodorant works! I do wish it were an antiperspirant, but as a deodorant it works well. I also like that it is free of harmful chemicals and can be used anywhere on my body. -- Drugstore Reviewer
Crystal Rock Body Spray Deodorant did as it said it would do: stop odor. It gets two thumbs up for that. It smells great and went over well with my son, especially. If that is what you are looking for, you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for sweat prevention, you aren't getting it with this. We're going back to our antiperspirant.