The Bottom Line
- Squeeze bottle is nice for sanitary reasons.
- This product smells fantastic.
- Oil separates from product resulting in messy first squeeze. Easily resolved by shaking first.
- Sugar crystals dissolve too quickly on damp skin not leaving enough time to really exfoliate deeply.
- Part of the French Polynesian line from Orly Beauty.
- Exfoliates with sugarcane mixed with hydrating oils.
- This product smells fantastic with the mixture of lime and hibiscus flower.
Guide Review - Orly Beauty: French Polynesian Pearl Silk Sugarcane Foot & Leg Scrub
After soaking my feet with Orly Beauty's French Polynesian Refreshing Citrus Foot Scrub (read review) for 15 minutes, I was ready to exfoliate with Pearl Silk Sugarcane Foot & Leg Scrub.
I was happy to see that it came in a squeeze tube, because when you're giving yourself a pedicure, it can be messy to get a foot scrub out of a tub in a sanitary fashion. What I noticed right away (and after further use) is the fact that the product separates while sitting, which resulted in a palm full of oil. If you're using this product, make sure to shake it before each application.
The scrub itself is a pretty pink color with minute pieces of sugar to exfoliate. It's mixed with Safflower oil, Kukui oil and Macadamia Seed oil to hydrate while exfoliating. I loved the sweet yet flowery-citrus scent this has from the inclusion of lime extract and hibiscus flower.
When I first used this scrub, I tested it out on my dry hand, even though the product specifically says to use on damp skin. What I found is that my skin quickly soaked in the oil, leaving the sugar hard to manipulate. So I was looking forward to trying it on my damp feet, but what I found is that because my feet were damp, the sugar started dissolving very quickly, and I wasn't able to give myself a full exfoliation like I usually do. I had to apply much more product than normal to finish my pedicure.
I also feel like this foot scrub didn't stand up to many of my favorite foot scrubs when it came to actual exfoliation. I did however notice that my feet felt much softer than they typically do after exfoliation. Perhaps this is due to the unusual exotic oils this product contains.