The Bottom Line
- A nice break from the typical peppermint scented soak.
- Avocado oil provides a bit of moisture, not usually common in foot soaks.
- Not tested on animals.
- It doesn't necessarily smell like citrus. It does however have a nice fruity smell.
- Orly is known for its use of natural ingredients; it would be nice if parabens could be left out.
- Mix 2 tablespoons into warm water for a refreshing, soothing foot treatment.
- Dead sea salts detoxify and citrus oils refresh and avocado oil moisturizes.
- Tub contains 16 ounces of product and retails for $27.50.
Guide Review - Orly Beauty: French Polynesian Refreshing Citrus Foot Soak
Orly Beauty is known for their professional hand, foot and nail products and have created some of the best products found in nail spas today. They take you away from your everyday peppermint foot soak to something a bit more sweet: Refreshing Citrus Foot Soak.
This foot soak comes in a nice big tub and is full to the rim with dead sea salt and rock salt. Foot soaks typically contain salts which detoxify and soothe aching tired feet. Orly Beauty took it one step further and added avocado oil to help soften your feet while you soak. This inclusion does leave the salts a bit clumpier than other soaks, but it is well worth it.
This is labeled and named citrus, but I would never describe the scent as citrus. When looking at the ingredient list, the first scented ingredient was Honeydew Melon extract, and after reading that, it's exactly what I smell. The fragrant ingredients (oils and extracts) are as follows: Honeydew Melon, Orange, Grapefruit, Cucumber, Celery, and Currant. While the two citrus ingredients are near the front, the rest of the oils and extracts tame them down. In fact, I would describe the scent as that of sweet candy.
To use the soak, I filled a tub with warm water and sprinkled approximately 2 tablespoons of product in and swirled around to start it dissolving. The scent was quite muted at this point. One of my favorite things about soaking my feet, typically with a peppermint foot soak, is the cooling sensation my feet get. You obviously don't get that with this soak, but what replaced it was the soothing avocado oil. My feet were definitely softer before I even began exfoliating them because of the oils.
All in all this soak is a fun sweet-scented foot soak that smells leaves your feet feeling soft and pampered. But as stated above, it would be nice if they could leave the parabens out of the mix.