The Bottom Line
- Great for sensitive skin, doesn't cause irritation or breakouts.
- Moisturizes well; a little goes a long way.
- It's organic, paraben free, cruelty free, gluten free and vegan.
- Anti-aging effects were not that impressive.
- Its airless chamber design can get stuck, making it hard to get product out. (read more in review.)
- Acai Berry Repair Cream comes in a 1 oz. white container.
- Retail price is approximately $19.
- Product is to be used each night, after cleansing.
- Certified organic, eco-friendly night time moisturizer.
Guide Review - Skin Organics: Acai Berry Repair Cream
Skin Organics: Acai Berry Repair Cream is a lightweight, white night cream that has no odor. It moisturizes well and you only need a small dab for your whole face. Even though the product contains anti-aging ingredients (DMAE, ALA, Ester-C), I did not see any significant improvement in the fine lines on my face.
That said, for days when the skin underneath my eyes were puffy, I thought this product did a good job at keeping the swelling down. Skin Organics doesn't say that this product is for that purpose, but I thought it worked well at correcting that problem.
The cream comes in an airless chamber bottle which means there is no dip tube included. This sometimes effects how the cream is dispensed. If the cream does not come out of the bottle, there is an instruction on the side that explains how you need to tap the bottom of the bottle on a hard surface and continue pumping.
For the most part, this was not an issue for me. It only happened a few times and tapping the bottle was the cure. But, if you are not use to an airless chamber bottle, it can be alarming at first when the product won't come out.
In my opinion, Skin Organics Acai Berry Repair Cream was just okay. I was happy that it didn't cause any irritation to my skin, but I was not thrilled that it didn't do what it advertised. I would just rather use their other night time cream, Vanilla Acai Youth Preserver, because I didn't see the advantage of combining the creams or using just this repair cream. (read review of Vanilla Acai Youth Preserver)