Ultra Rich Moisturizer is from one of our favorite skin care brands, Skin Authority. (read another one of our Skin Authority reviews) We love that every purchase you make from Skin Authority entitles you to communication with one of their skin care professionals who checks in on you to see how the product is working for you. This professional is a perfect one to ask questions and get great skin care advice from, specific to your skin's concerns, in a non-pushy, non-sales-y way.
Skin Authority founder, Celeste Hilling has collaborated with us in the past to teach us about her product line's technology.
Read on to learn more about Ultra Rich Moisturizer.
Skin Authority: Ultra Rich Moisturizer - Description and Directions
Skin Authority's Ultra Rich Moisturizer is a daily moisturizer best suited for those with normal to dry skin. Listed benefits include the ability to:
- Replenish moisture barrier
- Calm inflammation and redness
- Soften skin
- Even out skin tone
At the time of this review, the price for a 1 ounce tub of Ultra Rich Moisturizer is $49 and is available on Skin Authorities website.
How and When to Use:
The instructions on the website reads: "After cleansing, smooth a thin layer over face and neck avoiding contact with eyes. Reapply as needed. May be used morning and evening".
Skin Authority also recommends you use this product over skin that has mild sunburn or windburn, after waxing, on bug bites and post facial peels as it helps with soothing and reducing redness.
Skin Authority: Ultra Rich Moisturizer
Things We Love:
- The Consistency: Our skin feels so pampered after applying this moisturizer. You know how sometimes you feel like your moisturizer is a bit too oily, too watery, too thick, too greasy, etc... Ultra Rich Moisturizer is none of these. It's the perfect moisturizer.
- Scent: We love the citrusy bergamot scent to this moisturizer. We also love that there is not any artificial perfume or fragrance added. The scent is the real deal.
- Ingredients: Some moisturizers tout one or two natural ingredients, but Ultra Rich Moisturizer contains Safflower Oil, Bergamot Seed Oil, Mango Seed Butter, Shea Butter, Grapeseed Oil, Cranberry Seed Oil, Aloe Leaf Juice and Beeswax. (Complete list of ingredients listed below) Even with all of these skin hydrators, it is not one bit heavy.
- Packaging: The tub the Ultra Rich Moisturizer comes in looks high-end and fun.
Something's We Weren't Crazy About
- SPF Would Be Nice: Directions state to use as a day cream, a night cream or both. SPF isn't obviously needed at night, but it is for day. But if the SPF would be present, you would only use it as a day cream, so I can see why they kept it out. Use additional sunscreen on your skin for anti-aging benefits.
- Product Amount: A typical facial moisturizer tub tends to have about 1.7 ounces or so of product, but Ultra Rich Moisturizer only has one ounce. One ounce of product doesn't last long, and though we noted above that we love the look of the packaging, we also feel the packaging creates the illusion of more product in the tub. Instead of the cool clear packaging around the small tub of product, we'd rather just have the full tub of this amazing moisturizer.
Skin Authority: Ultra Rich Moisturizer - Final Thoughts
From the first application, we were hooked on this facial moisturizer. $49 is a splurge price, but our skin drank in this moisturizer so wonderfully that we literally craved the feeling this product gave our skin.
Do I wish it had more than one ounce of product in it? Absolutely. Do I know that it's a splurge price for many of us? Definitely. Even with noting those two things, if it fits in your budget, I know you won't be disappointed.
Water (Aqua), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Stearic Acid, Ceteareth-20, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Mangifer Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Beeswax, Squalane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecanol.
Also from Skin Authority's Celeste Hilling: Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips