The Organic Pharmacy: Antioxidant Face Cream is a lightweight facial moisturizer that smell amazing - like a fresh-squeezed lemon. It is to be used once or twice a day, on clean skin.
The Organic Pharmacy: Antioxidant Face Cream - Description and Directions
The Organic Pharmacy: Antioxidant Face Cream is a daily facial moisturizer recommended for all skin types. It is packaged in a see-through jar, which contains 1.65 ounces and currently retails for $73.
The moisturizer smells like a dream. It smells like a juicy lemon, which is a treat each morning. (Have I told you how much I love lemons?)
The directions on the container tell you to apply with Antioxidant Serum Gel every morning, and the website's directions specifically say to mix 2 drops of the Antioxidant Serum Gel with the moisturizer. We did not have the Antioxidant Serum Gel to add, so our review is of the moisturizer only.
The Organic Pharmacy: Antioxidant Face Cream - Our Review
Things We Love:
- The Scent: We noted it above, but just to hit the message home, this moisturizer's scent of fresh lemons and grapefruit is over-the-top amazing. And knowing that it is natural, and not synthetic makes it even better.
- The Ingredient List: There are some great ingredients in this face cream. The first three ingredients listed are: Propolis Cera, which is a sticky resin collected by bees which is natural anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, cell regenerator and collagen booster, Polygonium which is widely used in Chinese medicine as a tonic and treatment for premature aging and oats which are anti-oxidants, and known for skin soothing and brightening properties. (Ingredients are always listed in order of percentages in the product.)
- The Amount: We love the big glass bottle of 3.3 ounces because you don't need a whole lot of oil to hydrate your entire body. It will last a long time.
Something We Weren't Crazy About
- Absorption: Lightweight really is a good description for Antioxidant Face Cream. It's so lightweight we felt we were just sliding it around our skin until we realized that we were putting too much on. It does take some time to soak in, but not excessive. A little goes a long way.
- No SPF: This is a day cream, and we like to see our day creams with SPF.
- The Price: $73.00 is a splurge price for most, especially for a facial moisturizer. But looking at the ingredients and knowing that you're not paying for a watered-down bottle of chemicals might make you look past the price, if you can afford to do so.
The Organic Pharmacy: Antioxidant Face Cream
Yes, it's expensive, but despite that, we couldn't help but love this product. Especially once we figured out we were using too much. One thing we've realized about The Organic Pharmacy is that you don't need to take the same amount of product as you would with your typical products. They're highly concentrated, thus, last longer. Plus, you're letting your skin drink in pure, potent ingredients.
But note that if you have dry skin, you'll probably think this is too lightweight for your face. This, in our opinion, is best for normal, combo and oily skin types.