This is an anti-aging facial moisturizer that is listed for all skin types. If you have very dry skin, you'll like how this nourishes your skin. We found it to be very hydrating (a little too hydrating for oily or combination skin).
Though it's a moisturizer, we used it sparingly - not as an everyday anti-aging moisturizer, but as a way to soothe any dry skin spots on our face. We also used it for a little boost of brightness a couple of times a week. When used sparingly, the shine that the product gives can make your skin look more youthful because the fine lines and wrinkles aren't as obvious.Truth Creme is a good, quality product but unless you have dry to very dry skin, you might feel like it leaves your T-zone shiny and it may cause breakouts. ((Anti-Aging Tips for Skin)
Truth Creme - Description
This facial moisturizer comes in a 1.7 oz glass jar. It has an orange label and a black top. At the time of this review, it sells for about $45. This product has a very strong, distinct orange smell. It is more of a bitter orange scent than sweet orange. It does linger for a little while after application. We liked it.
The moisturizer itself is a thick white cream and it takes a little while for it to be absorbed into skin. At first we thought it was too greasy but when we gave it a few extra minutes to sink in, we found that it just took time
We liked using it on days when our face had that tight feeling; it took care of that right away. Or, on days when your skin looks dull and needs a little bit of youthful brightening, this is a good product to try. You only need to use a few dabs of this cream so the 1.7 oz jar should last you a very long time.
Ole Henriksen says on their website that the cream has an Advanced Hydration Complex (anti-aging benefits), Vitamin C (for brightening and tightening) and Tripetide-5 (eliminates fine lines and wrinkles).
On the jar, there are simple instructions that state: “Apply evenly to face and neck AM and PM.”
Things We Loved:
- The Scent: It’s definitely a unique, strong orange scent, but we liked it. It gave us the sensation of “clean” and “pampered”.
- Thickness: We like how a little goes a long way with this product and that it will last for a long time.
- Powerful Hydration: This cream does not fool around when it comes to hydration. You will get a lot of it and that is nice to know if you really need something strong.
- Brightens: When we used this product sparingly (2-3x a week), we saw the brightening benefits. The brightening helps your skin to appear more youthful.
Things We Didn't Love:
- Sometimes Too Powerful: We were not able to use this product every day as suggested. If we did, our face started to become extremely oily and the shine started to look less flattering. Also, we noticed that our skin would break out in acne if we used it too often.
- No SPF: Since this is a cream that is used for daytime, it would have been nice to see that it had SPF.
Ingredients Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Squalane, Triheptanoin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Candelilla/Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl-3, Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Ceramide 2, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Calcium Ascorbate, Rosa Canina Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Saccharum Officinarium (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Soybean Sterols, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Sorbitol, Xanthan Gum, Potato Starch Modified, Sodium Phytate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance.(More More skin care product reviews)