This new product by Mario Badescu is great! We love almost everything about it. This is a product you might consider if you are looking for some overall improvements in how your skin looks. It worked for us after only one use and exceeded our expectations as it made our skin brighter, more clear, firmer and more even-toned after just one night of use.
You use this serum sparingly, so don’t be turned off by the tiny bottle because you will not need to use much for each application. We also found the serum to be non-irritating. It is listed as being for all skin types and we found that it worked very well with sensitive skin. It didn’t cause any breakouts, dryness, redness or stinging. It was nice to use a product that gave the exact results it advertised.
Vitamin C Serum - Description
This serum comes in a 1 oz green glass bottle with a white eye-dropper lid. It is clear in color and has a similar consistency to baby oil. However, unlike baby oil, when it is rubbed into skin, it is immediately soaked in and disappears with no oily residue or any trace of the serum.
It has a strong scent that we were not crazy about, but it does not linger. The scent starts off as if it’s going to smell like a combination of orange and lavender and then it just blossoms into an overpowering floral scent that we could all live without.
The serum lists Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Hyaluronic Acid and Collagen as three of its main ingredients. According to the company’s web site, the Vitamin C is used to reduce discoloration and for brightening skin. The Hyaluronic Acid is used to retain skin’s natural moisture and the Collagen is used to enhance skin’s firmness and elasticity.
On the jar, the instructions for use are: “Apply 3-4 drops on clean skin every other night. May be used under moisturizer or alone.” At the time of this review, this product sells for about $45.
Vitamin C Serum - Review
Things We Loved
- Firmer Skin: After just one use, we noticed our skin was firmer. We noticed it especially around our cheekbones and this gave our skin a brighter, more youthful appearance.
- More Evenly-Toned Skin: Again, after just once use, we saw a difference in the texture and overall appearance of our skin. Although the product does not list this as one of its benefits, we noticed that our pores were smaller as well.
- Non-irritating: We found this product to work well with sensitive skin and it did not cause any problems.
- The Price: Since the product works so well, we love that the price point was under $50. We only need to use 3-4 drops for each application every other night, so a little goes a long way and the small bottle should last a while.
Things We Didn't Love
- The Scent: For such a lovely product, it would have been nice if it also had a lovely smell we could look forward to. Since the scent doesn’t linger, the smell of the product would not stop us from using the product, but it is something we just didn’t love.
- The Eyedropper: We found the eyedropper to make the application of the product a little awkward. It looks cool, but sometimes it makes the application a little messy because the drops come out before you are ready and before you really squeeze the top. We had a little less control than if it could just be squeezed out one drop at a time from a bottle. It wouldn’t prevent us from buying the product, but just a little something we would change.
Vitamin C Serum - Final Thoughts
We really fell in love with this serum. It was so refreshing to actually have a product do exactly what it described with no side effects or irritations. If you have been looking for something to give your skin a boost this winter, you should definitely consider this serum. We were very pleased with the results.
Propylene Glycol, Ascorbic Acid,Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus Fruit) Extract,Ginseng (Panax Ginseng Root) Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid,Lavender Oil