How to Use It
Garnier Nutritioniste: Skin Renew Awakening Face Massager is your daily and nightly face moisturizer. Instead of applying with your fingers, you simply start rolling the massage ball across your face in circular motions. This allows the moisturizer to start to roll onto your face. Garnier recommends massaging for 1 minute, then rubbing in excess moisturizer into your face with your fingers.
What We Loved
- The massage is heaven. It's funny how such a simple concept can feel so good in the morning. Honestly, we looked forward to putting on our face cream each day.
- Also, the scent is pleasant and bright, but definitely on the heavy side.
- Unlike Garnier Nutritioniste's first roller product - Skin Renew Anti-Pull Eye Roller, which leaves a sticky feeling behind, this moisturizer soaked into our skin and left it feeling hydrated without a hint sticky residue left behind.
- The light, almost watery texture of the moisturizer was a nice change from the sometimes heavy creams we put on our skin.
What We Didn't Love
- We really wished there was an option - day or night - so that getting our first dose of sunscreen in the morning wouldn't mean using an extra product.
- One minute doesn't seem like a long time, but when product is getting rolled onto your face, it does provide a lot of moisturizer. More than we typically put on. Yet, if you massage less to get less product, you're getting less of the massage benefits, too.
- Because of the above mentioned, we felt like we were dousing our skin with moisturizer. And there are two cons to that. First, we're using up too much product, and it is costing us money, and two, it's taking forever to sink in and dry.
We honestly do enjoy using this product. Our solution to the abundance of product on our face was to massage for the full minute, because it felt that good, and when the time came to use our fingers to rub in the excess, we'd use a tissue to wipe some away if we thought there was too much. Not very cost effective, right?
It's a tough one for us, because we loved the experience, we loved the product itself, there were just some kinks. You might not mind kinks because it's a drugstore-priced product. But if you don't have time for kinks altogether, just take note.