Skin Authority: Moisturizing Cream Cleanser - Description
Skin Authority: Moisturizing Cream Cleanser comes in a 6 ounce tube and at the time of this review has a retail price $42. It is a cleanser for all skin types and can be used both morning and night. It's marketed as 'calming and soothing' which would infer to us that it is good for sensitive skin. It is free from parabens, AHAs, dyes and added fragrances. (more Skin Authority product reviews)
The cleanser itself is a white creamy cleanser that literally has no scent to it. If you're looking for unscented, this is it. While creamy, it has the faintest of bubbles.
Things We Loved:
- Non-Drying: Just as its name implies, this cleanser is not drying. Our skin felt clean, but not stripped like many cleansers leave us feeling. (Moisturizer is still a must!)
- Slight Bubbles: Sometimes when I use a creamy cleanser, I want to reuse a foaming cleanser because I just don't feel like I cleaned my skin enough. Call it a mental thing I have with creamy cleansers. With this cleaner from Skin Authority, I get the benefits of a cream cleanser with the slight bubbly action I crave in a cleanser.
- Unscented: Perfect for those with sensitive skin or those who struggle with strong scented products.
- Ingredient List: We love the laundry list of recognizable ingredients in this list: German Chamomile, Ivy Extract, Apricot Oil, Ginseng Extract, Black Walnut, Aloe, Vitamin E, Provitamin B5
What We Didn't Love
- Price: I am a fan of the Skin Authority product line (especially their Olive Fig Shea Body Cream) but not always the price. That said, if you asked me if this product line is splurge-worthy, I'd say yes. I am confident in this line's knowledge, ingredients and science to back up their claims. (Skin Authority's SGF-4 Anti-aging product science info") If I had money to splurge on a single Skin Authority product, it would be the Wrinkle Reversing Serum, though because I'm far more willing to splurge on products like serums and eye creams that stay on my skin verses cleansers that get rinsed off.
Looking for a cleanser for sensitive, dry skin? You'll love it. Looking for a cleanser that leaves you feeling clean, but not parched, you'll love it. Looking for a creamy cleanser that actually leaves your skin feeling clean and not like you just pushed lotion around on your skin? This is it. Looking for a budget-friendly cleanser? This one probably doesn't fit the bill.(Are expensive products always worth their price? Find out what to look for.)
Deionized Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycereth-7, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Acrylates/ C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera) Extract, Chamomilla Matricaria Recutita (German Chamomile) Flower Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Juglans Nigra (Black Walnut) Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazlinone.
Anti-Aging skin care tips by Skin Authority's Founder, Celest Hilling - Celeste took some time to give us some fantastic anti-aging skin care tips when it comes to taking care of your skin by decade. Read on to see what Celeste thinks is most important for healthy, beautiful skin, no matter your age.