Neutrogena: Ultra Gentle Gel Cleanser - Description
Neutrogena: Ultra Gentle Gel Cleanser comes in a 12 ounce bottle and at the time of this review has a retail price $7.99. It is a cleanser specifically for normal to oily skin and can be used both morning and night. It's marketed as a 'safe for sensitive skin' product as well as a product that can be used in conjunction with acne products or anti-aging retinol products. (more Neutrogena product reviews)
The gel itself is lightly foaming, clear in color and only lightly fragranced. Neutrogena's other facial cleanser, Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser took some heat for being fragranced, yet marketed for sensitive skin. Fragrance is often times an irritant for sensitive skin, so we scoped out the ingredient list right away.
Ingredients: Water, Cocamindopropyl Betaine (surfactant), Lauryl Glucoside (surfactant), Glycerin (humectant), Potassium Acrylates Copolymer (film forming agent), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (surfactant), Disodium Lauro-amphodiacetate (surfactant - helps produce foam), Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate (surfactant), Ethylhexylglycerin (surfactant and preservative), Caprylyl Glycol (skin-conditioning agent and preservative), PEG-7 Oliate (Surfactant and emulsifying agent), Potassium Sorbate (preservative)
Neutrogena: Ultra Gentle Gel Cleanser - Review
Things We Loved:
- Large Bottle Size: The shape of this bottle is easy to store in our shower and with 12 ounces, it will last a long time. The pump gives out a perfect amount, too.
- Price: $8 for more than a month's worth of product scores high in our books.
- Slight Foaming Action: You're not overwhelmed with drying foam with this face wash, but it is a perfect light-foaming cleanser that leaves you feeling clean.
- Scent: This cleanser just smells clean. Not heavy or perfumed in any way.
What We Didn't Love
- A Tad Bit Drying The difference between oily skin and normal skin is a lot, so when you market a cleanser for people who fall in a huge range like that, there will be someone who doesn't quite fit. My skin felt a bit dry after using this. My skin drank in my moisturizer on the days that I used it. If you fall squarely in the normal category, you might feel the same way. If you have combo to oily skin category, you'll love this cleanser.
This review isn't rocket science; it's a face cleanser. It's a great one for those on a budget, those with sensitive skin and those with oily to combo skin. It's priced right, easily found and comes from a company known for great skin care products. Normal to dry skin - pass. Everyone else should find no faults with this one.(Are expensive products always worth their price? Find out what to look for.)
Two More Drugstore Reviews Worth Checking Out
- L'Oreal Youth Code Foaming Gel Cleanser: This is a product line that is getting great reviews all around from drugstore enthusiasts all the way to people who typically spend much more on their skin care products. We haven't tried any other pieces of the line yet, but after this cleanser, we plan to. Read Review
- Yes To Blueberries: Cleansing Facial Towelettes We love the ease of using them at the sink and not having water running down our arms. These wipes have antioxidants in them from the blueberries and because you do not need to rinse off your skin after use, the antioxidants stay on your skin. Read Review