I'll be honest; I was looking for a cheap, drugstore product to indulge myself with when I was waiting for some one hour photos at Walgreens. Walking through the skin care isle, I came across Montagne Jeunesse facial masks and grabbed two: Peel Off Passion and Chocolate Mud. They were $1.99 each or 2 for $3. Yes, the picture on the packages are a bit cheesy, but they completely fit the bill.
Montagne Jeunesse products are vegetarian and not tested on animals. The mask reads, "We're vegetarian and animals are our friends. That's why we don't bash bunnies or add bits of animals!" The products are made in the USA, though it appears that Montagne Jeunesse is a company based in the UK.
The Peel Off Passion Face Mask is a pink gel face mask that is supposed to deep clean, purify and protect your skin with antioxidants.
Oily skin? See our pick: 10 Face Masks for Oily Skin
Montagne Jeunesse: Peel Off Passion Face Mask - Description
I noted above that I purchased this Peel Off Passion Face Mask and the Chocolate Mud Face Mask, but there were these others:
- Dark Chocolate Deep Cleansing Mud
- Damask Rose Indulgent Spa
- 5 Minute Miracle Face Tonic
- Fruit Smoothie
- Dead-Sea Anti-Stress
- Cucumber Purifying Peel Off
The packet contained 0.3 ounces of mask which is just enough for my face. The directions simple read: cleanse, apply, relax 15-20 minutes, peel.
I let the mask sit for 20 full minutes and it dried into a shiny pink layer on my face. There is a trick to getting the peel-off masks off your skin: do not skimp! If you put too thin a layer on your face, you will have a hard time peeling off. But if you put an even, semi-thick layer on, it should come off just fine.
Montagne Jeunesse: Peel Off Passion Face Mask - Review
Things We Loved:
- Price: Let's be honest here; even though the cost of $1.99 seems cheap, if you added it up to a full size mask container of 2.8 ounces, this would be around $20, not necessarily cheap! But because they let you purchase a one-time package, shelling out $2 isn't so bad.
- Ability to Come Off: I have used many peel off masks that just do not come off of your face and you're left picking bits off for hours. I was shocked at how easy this one pulled off.
- Effective: My skin felt clean and smooth. There was visible dry skin cells removed from my face.
Things We Didn't Love
- Smell: This product has a very strong sweet smell. Parfum is the 7th ingredient listed and it is definitely strong. Sweet, fake pomegranate fragrance.
Montagne Jeunesse: Peel Off Passion Face Mask - Final Thoughts
Even though the mask peeled off my skin easily, I still felt like I was finding flaky pieces that were left behind for hours. On my hands, sides of my face and under my neck. The majority of the mask did pull off easily, so maybe I was just not careful enough.
I was happy with how my skin felt after I used it and I was happy with the price, but if I decide to buy another Montagne Jeunesse mask again, I'll skip this one and try one that isn't a peel-off face mask. If you're looking for some cheap drugstore beauty products, check out our list of 12 Products Under $10.
aqua (purified water), polyvinyl alcohol, alcohol denat, PPG-1-PEG-9 lauryl glycol ether, PVP, glucose (sugar), parfum (fragrance), xanthan gum (natural thickener), rubus ideaus (raspberry) fruit extract, propylene glycol, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed extract, vitis vinifera (red grape) extract, passiflora incarnata (passionflower) flower extract, PEG-35 castor oil, vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) fruit extract, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, nelumbo nucifera (lotus blossom) flower extract, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) seed extract, panax ginseng root extract, tocopheryl (vitamin E) acetate, lactoperoxidase (milk origin), glucose oxidase (sugar origin), CI 14700 (Red 4) CI60730 (ext violet 2)