Background on the company From Juara's website: Utilizing active botanicals such as rice, tamarind, turmeric, candlenut oil, healing teas and red sandalwood, JUARA combines time-honored recipes for skin health and well-being with the best in modern technology and innovation to deliver efficacious and elegant treatments of the highest quality.
Juara: Rose & Willowbark Blemish-Free Mask - Description
Rose & Willowbark Blemish-Free Mask comes in a 3 ounce tube and at the time of this review is priced at $35. It is a mask specifically for oily and acne-prone skin and can be used up to three times per week on the entire face or as a spot treatment on the individual breakouts.
The product is a beautiful mauve-pink color with dark flecks of color in it. It smoothes onto your skin like a dream and slowly dries out, but doesn't get hard like some masks can. The rose color of the mask turns a pretty bright reddish pink after while on your skin, and I won't lie, I was afraid it was going to leave my skin very red after using, but it did not whatsoever, nor did it leave my skin feeling tight and dry.
Directions read: Apply on cleansed skin sparing eye and mouth area. You skin may tingle as the active botanicals take effect. After 10-15 minutes, wash thoroughly with tepid water, pat dry and follow with JUARA Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner and a moisturizer for your skin type. For spot treatments: Apply directly onto cleansed, affected area for 30 minutes or overnight.
Juara: Rose & Willowbark Blemish-Free Mask - Review
Things We Loved:
- Fragrance-Free: There is no added fragrance in this product, which is nice. It smells a bit like clay, which is the second ingredient on the list.
- Texture: The mask was very easy to spread on your skin and because it spreads easily, we didn't waste excess product.
- Non-Drying: Sometimes clay masks can leave your skin feeling tight and dry so we were expecting that with this one. Surprisingly it did not happen. Our skin felt refreshed and clean, but not tight and dry.
- Smaller Pores: Our skin felt exfoliated and our pores looked obviously smaller.
- Active Ingredients: The four active ingredients in this product are kaolin clay, rice, rose water and white willowbark. The clay and white willowbark are known oil reducers and great acne-fighting ingredients while the rice and the rose water help counter-balance the dryness of those ingredients. Rose water also has anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties. They are all beneficial to your skin.
What Others are Saying
- It works well as a mask but its technical acne fighting properties are in question because of low levels of salicylic acid. (The Beauty Brains Blog.) (how to make an asprin mask)
- This is by far the best mask I've ever used!! clears up blemishes after just one use and leaves skin smooth and bright. (From Juara's website)
- Feels more spa facial than acne treatment. (From Marie Claire)
I enjoyed this product and we saw results after one use. My skin was smooth after use, my pores looked smaller and my skin seemed to be more balanced all over. The price is a bit high at $35 for 3 ounces, but you don't need to use a bunch to get good results. And if you wanted to use it as a spot treatment instead of a full face mask, it would last a very long time.
Doing a little digging on the company, we like the whole idea behind the line. Their website says it's an "east-meets-west Indonesian line of treatments, reminiscent of the ancient spa experience, relevant to the savvy, conscientious person of today." We're looking forward to checking out more of the line. (homemade skin care recipes)(Are expensive products always worth their price? Find out what to look for.)
Juara: Rose & Willowbark Blemish-Free Mask - Ingredients
Ingredients Water/Eau, Kaolin Clay, Capryilic/Capric Triglycerides, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cyclopentasiloxane, Red Sandalwood (Pterocarpus santalinus) Powder, White Willow Bark (Salix alba) extract , Rice (Oryza sativa) Starch , Rose Flower (Rosa damascena) Water, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenylpropanol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Vitamin E (Tocopherol) Acetate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Hydroxyethylacrylate/Sodium Acryloydimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 60.(More More skin care product reviews)