The Bottom Line
- Absolutely helps soothe itchy eyes.
- Perfect small size for eyes - no waste.
- Hard case makes it easy to put in your bag and carry with you.
- Not very moist - wish they were a bit more damp.
- While it does remove some eye makeup, it's not a substitute for a specific eye makeup remover.
- Product made to help clean and soothe itchy, dry eyes.
- Also claims to be an eye makeup remover.
- Container holds 30 pre-moistened cotton circles.
- Found at local drugstores for approximately $6.00 at the time of this review.
Guide Review - Visine: Total Eye Soothing Wipes
Visine is known for their ability to take dry, red eye and soothe it instantly. And it works wonders, too! So as someone who suffers mild allergies in the spring, I knew I had to try their new Total Eye Soothing Wipes.
The wipes are held in a plastic tub, which makes transporting them easy. There are 30 wipes in the container, and the wipes are soft cotton rounds. In my personal opinion, the wipes aren't damp enough, and each time I used them, I found myself wishing there was more liquid on the wipes.
That said, every time I used them, my eyes felt almost instantly better. It took care of the itchy eyes, and really did soothe them.
The scent of the product is night and light, almost non-existent.
Visine claims these wipes are also eye makeup removers, but I wouldn't assume these wipes will take off your eye makeup, especially if you put on a lot of eye makeup or wear waterproof mascara. I don't wear waterproof mascara, and while this did remove most of it, I wouldn't have just left it that way without really using an eye makeup remover.
But in my opinion, these wipes aren't eye makeup removers - they're eye soothers! And they work. And they're budget-friendly and can be used by all members of the family. I plan on keeping them around in my house for seasonal allergies that pop up. I'll just keep my eye makeup remover on hand, too.