The Bottom Line
- Very effective at-homd microderm product.
- Leaves skin incredible smooth
- Two different ways to use this product depending on your desired outcome.
- High priced at $77
- Micro-Dermabrasion Paste is to be used in place of your cleanser 1 to 3 times a week, working your way up.
- Will remove the dead skin cells and dull skin on your face, neck and chest.
- Applied to damp or dry skin produces different results.
- 4.2 ounces of product currently retails for $77.
Guide Review - Rodan + Fields: Enhancements Mirco-Dermabrasion Paste
Rodan + Fields: Enhancements Micro-Dermabrasion Paste comes in a tub and contains 4.2 ounces of product. The consistency is very thick, almost like salve. Admittedly, I was a bit nervous that my skin would feel oily, because the product is quite heavy. In fact, the first ingredient is paraffin, so heavy ingredients like that are sometimes tricky on my combination skin.
The product is bright yellow, and the smell is very sweet and enjoyable. The ingredients state to apply the product on dry skin and slowly and gently massage around your skin. It also says, for a gentler exfoliation, you can apply it to damp skin.
I tried the product both ways. First I applied the product to my dry skin and massaged for a good minute or two, making sure I massaged everywhere on my face, neck and chest. When it was time to rinse the product off, I immediately noticed just how smooth my skin was. In fact, I can say that out of all of the microderm products I've tried, this tops my list in effectiveness.
When I applied the product to damp skin, it felt more like a gentle exfoliating cleanser. Still nice, but no where as effective.
As noted, there are some heavy ingredients in this product, and if your skin is naturally quite oily, you might want to look for an exfoliating product or microderm with ingredients more suited for your skin type.
I complete enjoy using this product, and while it has a higher price point, note that the tub contains 4.2 ounces of solid packed-in product, which only a little is needed for each use. The amount of product in the jar will last a very long time, especially if you use it only one or two times a week.