If you're serious about fighting the signs of aging, you need to be serious about antioxidants. Think of antioxidants as your skin's suit of armor. Antioxidants help fight off the common aging triggers that affect your skin.
Your Best Face: Antioxidants is a versatile skin care product that can be used alone or mixed with your moisturizer. It can be used in the morning or at night, on your face or any other area you'd like to protect such as chest, neck and hands.
Your Best Face: Antioxidants - Description and Directions
Your Best Face: Antioxidants has the consistency of a very light lotion. It is white in color and takes no time at all to soak into your skin. A little goes a very long way with Antioxidants and one little pump is all that is needed for your entire face.
Our favorite thing about Your Best Face products is the scent. Their products always smell amazing. I really wish that I could describe the scent, but it is really not something easy to describe. They smell so amazing that I noted it to Darrell Owens, the co-founder of Your Best Face. He said, "I always love hearing that about the scent of our products -- it's ironic that short of a couple of essential oils in two or three products, the aroma comes from the antioxidants we use and not from any sort of traditional scent or perfume."
(Your Best Face won About.com's Readers' Choice Awards 2011 in the Best Indie Skin Care Line)
How to Use:
The directions on the tube read, "Apply a small amount evenly to skin, blend with other favorite products or add to do-it-yourself skincare recipes.".
One of our reviewers said she liked adding it to some of the drugstore basic moisturizers she uses to keep the cost down without sacrificing her skin. We also love that Your Best Face is giving love to those of us who are DIY'ers. (Try a new skin care or body care recipe)
Your Best Face: Antioxidants - Our Thoughts
Things We Love:
- Texture: Antioxidants left the slightest bit of moisture to our skin, but it didn't leave it oily or greasy. If you have very oily skin, this might be enough moisture for you. But if your skin is dry or normal, definitely use it as a serum or mixed with another product.
- Ingredients: Listed below is the ingredient list and explanations. It is jam-packed with antioxidants - not just one or two.
- Mulit-use: Kimberly Fristed, co-founder of Your Best Face likes to use this product with her hand lotion. I like to add it directly to my face before my moisturizer. As noted above, the idea of adding it to a drugstore moisturizer was noted. Many options.
Price: Your Best Face is a high-end brand with prices up to $160. Antioxidants is currently priced at $55. Cheap? No. Worth it? Definitely!
Something's We Weren't Crazy About
- Size: Because there are so many uses with this product, we'd love the option to buy a larger bottle. The current bottle is only 1 ounce of product, and though you need only a small amount of product, we felt we'd be more willing to add it to products if we knew we had more of it to use. Right now, it's more of a prized possession that we don't want to run out of than a product we want to use everywhere.
Your Best Face: Antioxidants - Final Thoughts
Your Best Face: Antioxidants is an age fighter. And if fighting the hands of time is your top concern and the price falls in your budget, this product is definitely one you want to consider adding to your collection. We use it, we love it and we recommend it.
- reverse osmosis water
- olivem (cetearl olivate, emulsifier and moisturizer, and sorbitan olivate, emulsifier)
- propylene glycol, helps retain moisture in skin
- ferulic acid, antioxidant
- vitamin e, antioxidant
- spin trap (phenyl butyl nitrone), antioxidant
- lipochroman-6 (dimethylmethoxy chromanol), antioxidant
- sodium hyaluronate, moisturizer and moisture retaining ingredient
- paraben DU, preservative