BB Cream (or Blemish Balm Cream) is the hottest thing in South Korea. When I visited Seoul recently, I knew I had to pick up a bottle of genuine, made in S. Korea BB Cream. When I asked the woman working in the store which one was the best, she immediately pointed to Tonymoly's Intense Care Snail BB Cream. It was one of the higher priced options, but at only $25ish dollars, compared to our product prices, it was a steal, so I bought it on the spot.
Tonymoly: Intense Care Snail BB Cream - Description
Tonymoly: Intense Care Snail BB Cream - Review
Things We Loved
- Coverage: My skin immediately took on a new, clearer texture and the redness in my skin was completely covered. (BB cream application tips)
- Hint of Illumination: I loved that this has a bit of glow to it, and didn't simply turn my skin white, as some of the BB creams do.
- SPF Level: BB creams are known for their high SPF level and this one at SPF 45 PA+++ is fantastic!
- Price: $25 for "the best"? (According to the sales associate.) If only the products in the US were priced so low. And because this is sold on Amazon, shipped from S. Korea, it's easy to get more of.
Things We Didn't Love
- A Bit Drying: BB creams typically take the place of your moisturizer and foundation, but I found that when I skipped the moisturizer, my skin was too dry and it didn't go on as easily. After learning that, I apply my moisturizer, wait a few minutes and immediately apply my BB cream. It is a bit tacky and does take a minute or so to lose that feeling, but applying the moisturizer first helped tremendously.
- Bottle Dispenser: At the top of the tube is a big hole and the cover has a little stick that goes into the bottle. So much BB cream gets stuck on the opening and goes down into the twist top of the bottle. So much waste and mess. A closed opening with a squeeze top would be so much better. (more product reviews)
Tonymoly: Intense Care Snail BB Cream - Final Thoughts
I'm a huge fan of Tonymoly's BB cream. I love the coverage, the glow, the SPF level and the price. It's my first BB cream though, and now that I have fallen in love with BB creams, I have to try more, so while I may buy it again, it will be after I've tried some genuine Asian BB creams.
Tonymoly: Intense Care Snail BB Cream
Ingredients: Snail secretion filtrate, titanium dioxide, phenyl trimethicone, zinc oxide, dimethicone, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, dipentaerythrityl hexahydoxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, orbingnya oleifera seed oil, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1, dimethicone, butylene glycol, arbutin, magnesium sulfate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, calcium stearate, sorbitan isostearate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, talc, water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, centella asiatica extract, acetyl hexapeptide-8, rosa canina fruit oil, steareth-20, N-hydroxysuccinimide, palmitoyl oligopeptide, chrysin, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, glycerin, imperata cylindrica root extract, PEG-8, carbomer, oryza sativa (rice) callus culture extract, camellia sinensis callus culture extract, leontopodium alpinum callus culture extract, zanthoxylum piperitum fruit extract, pulsatilla koreana extract, usnea barbata (Lichen) extract, lecithin, xanthan gm, sodium hyaluronate, citurs medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, citrus aurantifolia (Lime) oil, pinus sylvestris leaf oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, adenosine, tocopheryl acetate, disodium edta, caprylyl glycol, ethlhexlglycerin, 1.2 hexanediol, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499