Loud and Clear Lip Sheer is the latest release from Bare Minerals for Spring 2013. They were released January 2013. The lip gloss comes in three shades: Tangerine Trance (pictured), Amped Pink and Berry Remix and is priced at $15. Each shade looks bold or bright and a little intimidating to wear, but once applied are a great sheer lip color with a touch of color.
From Bare Minerals website - "Amp up lips with a translucent splash of vivid high fidelity color and soft glistening shine. This sheer gel loads lips with shea butter and jojoba seed oil for maxed-out moisture for nourished and conditioned lips."
What I Loved
- Color: I won't lie; the Tangerine Trance scared me. It looks like a super vivid orange color that I was certain was going to look terrible on me. I was so wrong! And the Amped Pink and Berry Remix were just as great - if not better. It simply showed a sheer, high-gloss lip with a slight tint of color.
- Hydration: This lip gloss completely hydrated my lips leaving them smooth and plump.
What I Didn't Love
- Only Moisturizes For a Little While: I really wanted this to moisturize my lips for a long time because of the shea butter and jojoba seed oil, but it really didn't last long at all. Less than an hour, at most.
What Others are Saying
- I like the hint of color and shine that it gives. However, it has an odd smell to it and the moisture wears off within the first ten-15 minutes. If you can deal with reapplying this often then I'd say give it a try. -- Sephora customer
- My lips tend to get dry and cracked, but this product has helped keep them moist, soft, and uncracked. Online it looks like it would be a very bold color, but it is very subtle and sheer. It gives a very natural color with just a hint of shine. It isn't sticky like alot of lip moisturizers. Love that it has a very light, pleasant smell. -- Bare Minerals customer
- I love this product. Sometimes I want just a hint of color on my lips, but I also need the moisture of a lip balm. This is both! Ironic that I have been wishing they would release a product like this. -- Bare Minerals customer
Poly(C20-28 Olefin), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydroxystearic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Flavor (Aroma), Tocopheryl Acetate, Citral, Linalool, Limonene. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090).
A Note on the Rest of the Spring Line
We had the opportunity to check out the rest of the Spring 2013 makeup line and wanted to note some of our favorites.
- Ready Eyeshadow: 4.0 - a four-color eye shadow palette with the following colors: Sensational + Elitist + Icon + Controversy (iridescent aqua/bronzed taupe/electric chartreuse/deep marin blue). This palette is gorgeous! I especially love the aqua color because it is the perfect accent color for spring. $22 (buy direct)
- Round the Clock Waterproof Eyeliner - This eyeliner is super easy and slick to put on with color that doesn't smudge. $15 (buy direct)