The Bottom Line
Aveeno’s Positively Ageless Rejuvenating Serum uses a fairly new ingredient in skin care products: mushrooms. In this day and age when everyone seems to want to feel "green" by using a more natural approach in everything, including skin care, this is a product many women can’t wait to try.
- As reported by Aveeno, 73% of users saw reduced lines and wrinkles.
- Many users reported a much more even skin tone well before the 4 weeks.
- This lightweight serum absorbs quickly and can be used alone or with your current moisturizer.
- Some women reported smoother foundation application with use.
- Many women who have tried this product report the fragrance is way too strong.
- At around $20 for a 1.7 oz. bottle, it’s expensive for a drugstore brand.
- There is no research available to support the claim of it causing exfoliation, or “cell turnover”.
- If you have sensitive skin, this might be a bit too harsh for your skin.
- A serum that promises younger looking skin in just four weeks with regular use.
- This is formulated to fit with any skin care regime; you can use this right along with your current products.
- In five basic categories, women saw great improvement in the texture, clarity and amount of aging in their skin.
Guide Review - Aveeno: Positively Ageless Rejuvenating Serum
Aveeno’s Positively Ageless Rejuvenating Serum uses shiitake, mannentake and mucor miehei mushrooms to stop collagen breakdown and promote cell turnover in your skin. They say with continued use, your skin will shed layers more quickly than usual causing healthy skin to be brought up to the surface. Your skin will also be plumped up with hydration to reduce fine lines caused by dry skin.
While they report great results, there is no scientific research available on their website.
Many women are intrigued by the idea of mushrooms in their skin care. Getting mainly high reviews on websites such as makeupalley.com, many women report a more even skin tone after a very short time. Reports of wrinkle reduction are seen as well. These are most likely fine lines and wrinkles that are caused by dry skin, so the boost in moisture is helping with those. One major downfall this product has is its very strong fragrance. Some women, although they liked the product, simply could not continue using it because of the smell.
Serums are typically lightweight and instantly soak into your skin leaving your skin soft and smooth. While serums may seem like a new added step you need in your skin care, basically they are simply a light moisturizer that sinks a bit deeper into the skin. This might be fine to use alone as your moisturizer if your skin is more on the oily side. Those of you with dry skin can use it before your regular moisturizer. Use it twice a day, or as some women choose, simply as a night treatment.
Clearly many women who use this product can see real results. If you can stand a strong fragrance in your skin care products, and your skin is in need of a bit of brightening and plumping, this is a good product to add to your skin care regime.