I was recently introduced to Anatomy Naturals, an indie line that combines the love of all natural skin care with founder Kelly Green's amazing artistic abilities.
From the website: "All of my products contain ingredients that are proven to be nourishing, therapeutic, and effective. They have been carefully formulated to feel luxurious, smell delicious, and make your skin glow with youthful, radiant health!
My products are free of synthetic ingredients, chemicals, parabens, artificial preservatives, artificial colors and fragrances. My entire line is gluten-free, vegetarian, and cruelty-free.(Recipe: Manicure in a Jar)
Anatomy Naturals Body Scrub comes in six different scents: tangerine and grapefruit, lemongrass and eucalyptus, lavender and vanilla, jasmine and marjoram, citrus and basil, cinnamon and vanilla. At the time of this review, the body scrubs retail for $32 and contain 10 ounces. It is suggested to use within 6 months of purchase.
Anatomy Naturals: Body Scrub - Review
What We Loved:
- Ingredients: Of course there is nothing not to love about an ingredient list that is completely readable and understandable. The ingredient list is simple and a perfect choice for those looking for an all-natural indie line. (Spotlight: Dennis Anderson Soap Co)
- Good Balancing of Oil and Salt: Anatomy Naturals did a great job at making sure there was just enough salt with just enough oil. You do need to mix before using (spatula included) because the salt settles. (Recipe: Nourishing Body Oil)
- Thorough Exfoliation: This is a great exfoliator for the body and left our skin feeling super smooth and exfoliated.
- Amazing Artwork on Packaging: And we do mean amazing! Kelly Green is an acclaimed artist (see her work) and the labels she created are an extension of her talent. (As in, we're half tempted to cut the top off of the body scrub box and put it in a little frame.)
- Company Standards: If you're looking for a company that is free from all of the hot-topic ingredients and additives, you've found a line worth checking out.
What We Didn't Love
- Heavy Oil: We felt like this product left our skin a bit too oily. In doing a little research on the two oils included in this product (rice bran oil and olive oil) we feel the culprit was probably the olive oil. The oily feeling did go away and it did leave our skin feeling amazingly hydrated, so hydrated that we didn't feel we needed a moisturizer after we used it, but it's something we noticed and something we wanted to note.
There was a tiny bit of a discrepancy from the website ingredient list and the list of ingredients on the tub itself. We're listing them both for you, but the only thing that differs is the last ingredients, which both are used in natural skin care products as an anti-microbial ingredient. (More on all-natural preservatives)
From bottle: iodized and kosher salt, rice bran oil, olive oil, sea salt, honey, essential oils, grapefruit seed extract
From Website: sea salt blend, rice bran oil, olive oil, honey, essential oils, rosemary extract
Inspired to Try Your Own Homemade Skin Care Recipes? Try These Three Recipes