The Bottom Line
Green by Nature: Banana Shea Body Lotion does a great job at moisturizing your skin. It's full of natural moisturizing ingredients that we all love to see on the ingredient label, and soaks in right away.
Be aware however, the scent is very sweet, in a candy-sweet way. It smells just like Banana Laffy Taffy. Thank goodness the scent fades away almost instantly.
- Over 95% natural ingredients, including a blend of 6 ingredients that help moisturize your skin.
- Free of Parabens, Petroleum, Propylene glycol, Sacchrine, Dioxin, and Phthalates
- Non testing on animals.
- 1% of net annual sales goes to 1% for the Planet. (See Note Below)
- The fragrance of the Banana Shea Body Lotion is sickening sweet, but it fades almost instantly.
- A line of skin care products sold exclusively at Target stores and on their website.
- Green by Nature Lotions contain 96.6% natural ingredients. All of the products contain at least 91% natural ingredients.
- The pump lotion bottle contains 7.10 ounces of product and retails for $9.99.
Guide Review - Green by Nature: Banana Shea Body Lotion
Green by Nature is an affordable line of skin care products sold at participating Target stores, as well as their online store. (visit site) They allow earth-conscious shoppers a chance to purchase earth-friendly products while staying in their budget, which isn't always easy to do when you're looking for "green" products, which are typically much more expensive than mainstream skin care products.
The Banana Shea line contains a Body Butter, Body Lotion, Lip Butter, Body Scrub, Body Wash, Lip Scrub and Hand Cream. If banana-scented products are your idea of heaven, you're set. For me, these products smelled exactly like Banana Laffy Taffy, which isn't exactly what I want to smell like. My kids on the other hand thought it was pretty great. If you're a teenager, chances are good you'll love the scent.
Green by Nature's products each contain a blend of the following ingredients: grapefruit seed extract, shea butter, pistachio oil, aloe leaf extract, rosehip oil and beeswax. Looking at the ingredient list, you'll see many more ingredients that you know and love including: sesame seed oil, grape seed oil, peach kernel extract and mango seed butter. You can see that with the inclusion of these ingredients, the moisturizing benefits are fantastic.
The lotion glides on easily and sinks in right away leaving super soft skin. The sweet scent diffuses almost as instantly as the lotion sinks in, so even if banana-scented products aren't your thing, you won't smell it for long. And if you want to pass on banana altogether, you'll find another scent from Green by Nature that I'm sure you'll love, such as their Green Mint Tea or Almond Cocoa, which I'm sure is as delicious as it sounds.
1% For the Planet is a group of businesses that give at least 1% of their profits to grassroots environmental organizations. Visit 1% For The Planet to learn more.