Yes to Carrots: Nourishing Super Rich Body Butter comes in a 8.45 ounce tub and at the time of this review, retails for $12.99. You can buy it at many drugstores or many retailers online. The cream is a thick, white cream with a super strong scent that reminds us of our Grandmother's old skin care products. (Gag!) (Yes to Carrots Body Scrub Review)
Yes to Carrots: Nourishing Body Butter - Review
What We Loved
- Super Hydrating: This body butter hydrated my skin for the entire day when I applied in the morning.
- Easy to Spread: I also used this on my kids who have no patience for sitting around while I rub lotion into their skin. Thankfully it spread on quickly and also sank in rather quickly as well.
- Ingredients: This product is 97% natural and there are many ingredients you'll easily recognize in the list.
What We Didn't Love
- The Scent: A little background: Did you know that ingredients are listed in order of the amount there is in the product. So when you see that water is the #1 ingredient in a lotion, that means there is more water than anything else in that product. The only time that ingredients can go out of order is when you make it to the ingredients that make 2% or less of the product. So toward the end of the ingredient list, companies usually put the more impressive sounding ones in front of the ones like perfume or preservatives to make it look like there is the smallest amount of it in the product.
Out of 24 ingredients, fragrance (perfume) is the 15th. This cream smells so strong to me that despite the good things about it, I won't buy it again. I'm not anti-fragrance and typically don't mind scented products, but this one is just too strong. (Fragrance-Free vs. Unscented: What's the Difference?)
What Others Are Saying
- Love the cream! It goes on so smooth and feels so good on my dry winter skin. This would be a five star product if it wasn't for the heavy perfume smell. It is supposed to smell like baby lotion but It is way too strong. My coworkers complain that they can smell it. (Drugstore.com)
- This did absorb quickly and I actually like the very slight sweet smell, but it is too greasy. I just bought this, put it on my hands about 15 minute ago and I can see and feel the grease left behind. I think I'll use it on parts of my body where it will be less noticeable, but not the hands. (Drugstore.com)
- It is absorbed quite well, and although it seems like it's going to be greasy at first, as I rub it into my body that soon disappears and there is no oily feeling left on my hands or other parts of my body. (Epinions)
- My sensitive skin drinks this stuff in without feeling greasy or itchy. I've never before had a body butter that was just right until this. (Yes to Carrot's website)
Love the hydration, love the ease of buying and applying but the scent is too much, too strong and it takes away from all of the good things this product has going for it.