Nature's Gate Glow Lotion is a great natural self-tanning lotion. I was more than pleased with the color it gave my skin and the hydration it provided. Plus, the price is right.(See all of Mary-Ellen's sensitive skin reviews)
Nature's Gate: Glow Lotion - Description and Directions
Nature's Gate Glow Lotion is a bronzing moisturizing lotion. I used the one for light skin tones, however they have another one for medium skin tones. The lotion will give a gradual change in skin color until you reach your desired look.
The lotion comes in a 16 oz. pump that currently sells for 12.99. It can be found in many health and natural food stores in the U.S. and Canada.
The lotion is a white, thin, creamy lotion that has a very light lemon scent that is free of the following: Parabens, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum and Synthetic Fragrance. It has the following seven natural moisture boosters: Shea Butter, Apricot Kernel Oil, Soybean Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate (a natural plant oil), Vegetable Glycerin, Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Oil.
How to Use
The directions recommend that you apply the product liberally making sure it is smoothed out evenly over your skin. Wash hands after applying and let the lotion dry on your skin before getting dressed. Color will begin to appear in 24 hours and will enhance gradually with daily use. Continue to use as needed to keep the desired color.
Nature's Gate: Glow Lotion - Our Review
Things We Love:
- The Color: Those of us with light skin know how frustrating some of these tanning lotions can be. You're always thinking: "I hope I don't turn orange!" I was so happy to see that this product did not give me that awful orange hue. I was able to achieve a nice sun-kissed color by paying attention to how the color changed each day. If it was getting too dark or too fake looking, I'd skip a day.
- No Irritations: I had no stinging, no rashes, no breakouts, no problems! I also love that the product has a nice pleasant lemon smell.
- Joints Looked Good: If you've experimented with self-tanning lotions, you know that sometimes, around day 3 your wrists, ankles, knees and other joints start to look weird. Even though you thoroughly rub the product in, sometimes the color pools in those areas and it looks very fake. I did not find that to be an issue with this lotion.
- Moisturizes Well: It makes your skin feel supple and hydrated.
- The Price: 12.99 for a 16 oz pump is a great deal!
Something We Weren't Crazy About
- No SPF: I like all of my lotions to have some SPF in them. Since I would be using this product as a substitute for a tan from the sun's harmful rays, it would have been great if it had SPF.
Nature's Gate: Glow Lotion
I think this is a great find! I like the company's approach of trying to make the lotion as natural as possible. I enjoyed the color it gave my skin and I was thrilled that it didn't irritate my sensitive skin. Make sure you pay attention to how the color is affecting your skin because you may have to skip a day here and there to keep it looking natural. And, don't forget to wash your hands thoroughly, especially in between your fingers, after using to avoid having your hands get too dark.