The Bottom Line
The Body Shop: Cocoa Butter Body Scrub is a fantastic creamy body exfoliator with a light cocoa butter scent. Use a couple times a week to ensure soft smooth skin. Packaged in a tub, you can either just scoop with your hand, or get a spatula to make it easier.
- A creamy scrub that won't leave your skin oily at all.
- With moisturizing cocoa butter, you'll not only get an exfoliation, but moisture as well.
- Ground almonds, rice, salt and organic sugar makes it an excellent exfoliator.
- Smells exactly like cocoa.
- Community Trade cocoa butter comes right from Ghana.
- Packaged in a tub, it's hard to scoop out and water can pool on top of the product.
- Creamy scrub used to exfoliate your body a couple times a week.
- Crushed almonds, rice, salt and organic sugar exfoliates your skin.
- Community Trade Cocoa Butter, sunflower seed oil, almond oil, coconut oil, soy oil moisturize your skin.
Guide Review - The Body Shop: Cocoa Butter Body Scrub
Cocoa Butter Body Scrub by The Body Shop is one of my must-have body scrubs. In fact, it's in my shower as we speak. If you are a fan of cocoa butter products, this one will not let you down. With fine grain rice and almonds mixed with organic sugar and salt, your skin gets a great exfoliation. Jam-packed with cocoa butter and oils, your skin will feel smooth and soft.
You can use this skin on your entire body from the neck down. Take a scoop full of scrub and rub it gently in a circular motion to slough off dead skin cells and boost circulation. Exfoliate before you shave your legs, and you'll be guaranteed a smoother shave.
This exfoliator gets rave reviews. On makeupalley.com, 76 users gave this a 4.6 out of 5.0 "lippies" and 89% would purchase again. At $20 for the large tub, some people feel the price is a bit high. If you do some research however, you'll see that this falls right in the range of middle of the road body care products. You can spend less money on a scrub, but with the Community Trade (Fair Trade) ingredients, this is a feel good purchase. The Cocoa Butter comes direct from the Kuapa Kokoo company in Ghana.