If you found this page via a search for Vaniqa reviews, you found the final review. I've been using Vaniqa for 24 weeks now, the time they quote the full results will be seen. Let's get started at the beginning.
Vaniqa Fast Facts: Vaniqa is a treatment for women with unwanted facial hair. Though it is a cream, it is not a hair removal cream like a depilatory cream such as the well-known product Nair. Vaniqa works by blocking the enzyme your body needs to produce hair. Thus, over time, and with continued use, the hair will not grow. Read Vaniqa's fast facts to see how you use it, how successful it can be and if it is best for you.
First Review: I felt it was best for my unwanted hair on my upper lip. I had tried electrolysis and waxing is such a pain (literally!) so if this could be as easy as they claim it is, I was up for trying. Here's my first review, 12 weeks in.
Second Review: My second review was at 16 weeks of using the product. I hadn't been encouraged up until this time, but I felt that there was marked improvement right about this time. (The note here - it's not an overnight miracle!) Here's my second review.
Third Review: At 20 weeks, I wrote a new review. The company says that the product needs to be used twice a day for a minimum of 24 weeks to see full results. I knew I was almost there. While I was seeing results, I was hoping for more. Read my third review to see where I was at at 20 weeks of Vaniqa usage.
Fourth and Final Review: Here we are at 24 weeks in. (Well, 25.) I have been consistently been using Vaniqa each morning and night. It is a commitment, that's for sure. The question you want to know first: Are you fuzz-free? Well, no. But I am very happy to say that I see about a 60-70% decrease in the hair on my upper lip. Here are some things that I think are important to note.
- It Works Best on Fine Hair: The hair that I saw the most reduction in is the fine, pigment-free hair. The pesky hair with color seems to be thicker in texture and resistant to Vaniqa.
- Hair Removal is Easier: This one is big for those who deal with major pain with tweezing or waxing. (Oh my gosh, me!) I find that the hair that didn't stop growing is so much easier to tweeze with minimal pain. This in and of itself is a bonus.
- The Initial Breakout Stage is Short-Lived: If you're new to Vaniqa and are breaking out, it doesn't last long. I was concerned about the breakouts, but after a few weeks in, they never came back.
- It's Easy! If you have hair on your upper lip or chin, you know that it is a pain to deal with. This is so easy! A little lotion on in the morning and at night and you're done.
- It's Expensive: It's going to cost you more than $100 for a tiny little tube and you'll wonder for months if it was worth it. (At least I did.) But you only need a tiny, a little goes a long way and the tube lasts longer than what you think. One tube lasted me about 3 months. It's a gamble though, as according to the product statistics, 42% of users after 24 weeks had no change in hair growth.
Will I Keep Using It? Yes, definitely. I won't lie; I was hoping for a huge miracle. But the hair on my upper lip is more of an inconvenience now instead of something that I notice and feel self-conscious of. I'm glad I took the leap and if you can afford it, I encourage you to visit your doctor for a prescription. Make sure you come share your Vaniqa reviews as you go along!