Neutrogena: Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes are facial cleansing makeup removing cloths. Typically makeup removers take off the makeup so that your facial cleanser can really cleanse the dirt and oil from the skin. The Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes claim to remove makeup, dirt and oil and "go deep down to remove pore-clogging impurities". We assume they mean these are a one-step facial cleanser.
Read our reviews of Facial Cleansing Cloths.
Neutrogena: Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes - Description
Neutrogena: Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes come in a pack of 25 and at the time of this review, retail price was set at $7.99. The wipes themselves measure 7.4 inch by 7.2 inches ad you can find them at most any drugstore.
The wipes come in a plastic bag-type packaging with a sticker opening that seals down after you take out a cloth each time. This helps to keep the wipes from getting exposed to the air. Unlike the dry cleansing cloths that you run under water and suds up, The wipes are pre-moistened and you simply swipe them over your face for cleansing. You also do not need to rinse your face after use.
The Directions Read:Gently wipe over eyelids, face and neck. There is no need to rinse. Dispose of wipe in trash receptacle (do not flush). Reseal package to keep wipes moist.
Neutrogena: Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes - Review
Things We Loved:
- Thickness of the Wipe: Neutrogena: Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes are thick, soft and durable. Only one wipe is needed for the entire face.
- Cleansing Ability: These cloths do a great job at cleaning. We did feel that our skin was a bit tight and dry after using, however. But our skin falls in the normal range, so you might especially like these if you are in the oily or combo skin type.
Things We Didn't Love
- Scent: These wipes have a heavy perfume scent. It's not light or clean but heavily perfume-like. We noticed it immediately and again every time we used them. If you prefer non-scented products, this one is not for you.
- Product Amount: We wish there were more wipes in the pack to make it more cost effective. Yes to Blueberries: Cleansing Facial Towelettes (read review) are the same price with 15 more wipes in the pack.
- Seal: The sticker that closes the opening is nice and large, which is a good thing because after 25 times of opening and closing, it loses its stickiness. That said, one of the snap closures is preferred.
Neutrogena: Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes - Final Thoughts
We are always on the hunt for facial cleansing cloths and we've tried so many different brands. I was hoping to love these wipes by Neutrogena because you can find them everywhere, but the strong perfume smell, the ability to get more wipes from another brand for the same price and the tight, dry feeling we felt after using them means we won't be purchasing again. But don't count them out if you have oily skin. We'd recommend our oily-skin readers give them a try.
water, SD alcohol 40-B, butylene glycol, camellia oleifera leaf extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, salicylic acid, cocamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, PEG/PPG-20/6 dimethicone, polysorbate 20, PPG-5-cetheth-20, c12-15 alkyl lactate, disodium EDTA, menthol. sodium hydroxide, benzalkoium chloride, fragrance (1399-044)