1. Style

Treat Cracked Heels with Listerine and Shaving Cream

By August 8, 2013

I was drinking coffee and wasting time on Pintrest this morning when I came across an interesting pin about cracked heels that I thought was worth sharing.  It said, "All you need to take dead skin off your heels is listerine and shaving cream." Clicking to the article, I read that it's a process that takes about 30 minute and includes slathering your feet in shaving cream and placing a wash cloth soaked in water and listerine on them.

Who knows?  It kind of seems like a hassle and I'm not quite sure what the shaving cream is going to do for you. (Or the listerine, for that matter?) Here's the link so if you try it, come back and share your results! Or try our tips for healing dry, cracked skin overnight.

More Tips on Dry Skin

Comments

October 1, 2012 at 5:28 am
(1) LuLu says:

I am doing it right now. My husband has already scrubbed one foot and is working on the other as I type (yes, I’m a lucky woman! lol). I used Barbasol shaving cream and generic Listerine Total (Equate brand from Walmart). After wrapping my feet with the towels, I tied plastic bags around each foot. In my opinion, this works. If you’ve got heels that could sand a hardwood floor, I wouldn’t expect to have perfect feet when you’re through, but you will be surprised at the results. For me what this did is penetrate the thick layers of skin, softening them and making the calluses easier to remove. Better than just soaking in soapy water. I will be doing this again-as needed.

October 1, 2012 at 5:30 am
(2) LuLu says:

I forgot to add that my feet smell and (better than that) smell minty fresh! I wish I’d have known about this in the summer, I would have done it for the refreshing feeling!

April 29, 2013 at 11:00 am
(3) Sue Wilson says:

Tried this last night and happy to say that it really works. You can use any kind of shaving cream or mouth wash that you have on hand. I’m going to do this at least twice a month.

April 29, 2013 at 11:14 am
(4) Jen says:

Wow, ladies! Thank you for sharing your results! So happy to see it is working. Such an odd combo.

May 5, 2013 at 8:08 am
(5) Nancylynn says:

As a diabetic I was sceptical about trying this, but needless to say…IT WORKS!!!! It has taken a few times to wear down the amount of callouses that I have accumulated, but what a difference… Thank you for sharing!

May 18, 2013 at 10:35 pm
(6) sharina says:

I have dancers feet.. so they are rough. I hope this really works my husband hates when i lay my feet next to.him without wearing socks lol

May 20, 2013 at 2:45 am
(7) Rose says:

I have been using this combination for a few months. My feet could definitely sand a hardwood floor haahaa

The first time I used it, I was doubtful because I have tried every cream under the sun and nothing works. I tried this ONCE and saw immediate results. My feet were smooth all week long.

I also like to use baking soda, which leave my feet feeling silky. My feet are really, really bad. :( These two things will change your life, Ladies.

Stop wasting time and money on creams, balms and utter nonsense. THIS is all you’ll need for life. I am a once a week-er.

October 28, 2013 at 5:24 pm
(8) Perrin says:

This totally works! I have had cracked heels for EVER. I tried everything. Like, literally everything lol. I have had more “home remedies” on my feet than I care to admit. This is the first thing that ever worked for me. :)

If you want to really treat yourself, you can try a fancier <a href=”http://apennyshaved.com/reviews/truefitt-and-hill-shaving-creams-review/”>shaving cream</a>.

I highly recommend this technique to anyone who has the same problems. It’s totally worth it.