1. Style

The US Division of The Body Shop at Home is Closing

By March 17, 2009

Have you ever hosted or attended a home party with The Body Shop at Home? If so, you may want to contact your consultant. Breaking news is that sadly, The Body Shop at Home is closing its doors at the end of April.

What does that mean for you? Well, if you're hosting a party in March or April, it looks like you'll be just fine. (If you planned a May party, call and move it forward!) Consultants will contact their past customers so they can can sign up to receive a Love Your Body card, which will be good to use at stores starting May 1st.

Come May 1st, your consultant will no longer be able to order any products for you. Nothing is changing in the stores, and you'll still be able to find all of your products in store and online. (visit website)

This is of course, a huge bummer to all of The Body Shop at Home consultants, and we wish them the best of luck in their future.

Before you comment with your at-home opportunity, I'd like you to redirect it to this post. I'm compiling a list of companies available for those looking for a skin care or body care direct sales company.

Comments

March 17, 2009 at 7:58 am
(1) Jessica says:

That is very sad news!!! Good luck to all the consultants!

March 18, 2009 at 10:32 am
(2) wendy says:

To the At Home consultants who are earning a large income (up to 6 figures), this is a big blow. I am a consultant. When I received the announcement email, I looked at my husband and said “I think I just got laid-off.” I was shocked. I’m sorry this is happening, but I know what kind of cloth the consultants are cut from and I’m sure they will rise above! You know it’s tough times when direct sales takes a hit like this.

March 19, 2009 at 10:48 pm
(3) michelle says:

I was sorry to hear this. I just joined pink papaya parties and am hoping things work well for me as me and my husband were out of a job last year. I hope the best for these ladies who have been working for BSAH and are just getting this news. However, if they are looking for a new home business please feel free to contact me. pinkpapaya.michelle@yahoo.com

March 20, 2009 at 2:32 am
(4) Steph says:

I am a former director with The Body Shop at Home. I worked with the company for 5 years. Ladies, my heart goes out to you–as I know how much you have put into your business!

I left The Body Shop in 2008 and landed with a wonderful company that offers a similar product line and an outstanding compensation plan–BUT the best part is the STABILITY of the company. After dealing with all of the TBS start up issues for so long I can’t tell you enough how much I love working with a company that has ironed out all of the bumps! There’s still plenty of room for growth–if you want to know more, visit http://www.hipchix.myarbonne.com

March 20, 2009 at 11:01 am
(5) Elizabeth says:

As a current leader with TBSAH, I was saddened by the news & what it would mean to me and my team. However, it is important for you to take a step back, take time for yourself and your family and reflect on what you liked and didn’t like about TBSAH. Then, use that insight to help choose another company. Don’t blindly follow your leader – she is likely getting something in return for bringing people with her to wherever she is going. The vultures are circling.

March 20, 2009 at 5:58 pm
(6) cheryl says:

I was laid off last year from GMAC (general motors) as they sent the jobs overseas. As a single mom, I am glad I had an at home business.. to fall back on, but gosh, if your at home business closes, OUCH!

God always opens the door when he closes a window and after a period of Healing I pray abundant blessings on you.

if you do go with another direct sales company, make sure it is debt free, that they have great training and have been in business for Decades–the longer in business the better, people are so hyper about getting in on the bottom floor–dont worry about that, if the company is solid and has a good product (and hasnt changed their name or relaunched lol) you should be able to grow and attract your own customers, put your ladder up against a strong company, what ever it may be.

March 20, 2009 at 7:08 pm
(7) Karen Schriefer says:

So sad to hear of BSAH. closing. I have been an Arbonne consultant for 6 years and am thrilled that this company is continuing to move forward with unbelievable growth. Please take a close look at Arbonne, either through someone you already know in
Arbonne, or through me.

March 21, 2009 at 12:58 pm
(8) Vanessa Fas says:

Contrary to popular belief, not everything Body Shop At Home offers is in the stores. Almond and White Gardenia, among others, are At Home Exclusives. To my knowledge, the stores are also doing poorly, and may close within 12-24 months. My advice? Stock up now!

March 22, 2009 at 11:27 pm
(9) Lisa says:

I wanted to reach out and tell you how sorry I am to hear the announcment from TBSAH. I want you to know that no one is happy to hear this news as it is a sad day for all of Direct Sales when another company decides to close its doors and leave so many women looking for a new home. I have been with Sensaria Natural Bodycare for seven years and love this “profession”. If you love this industry and want to stay involved with a skin care company, I would love to share a bit about Sensaria with you. Gratefully yours, Lisa Carmichael

March 23, 2009 at 12:48 am
(10) Loree Mezzanatto says:

Its such a bummer! I have been a consultant for 2 years, building my business and just enjoying it so much. But life does go on! I researched other businesses for 3 solid days and have gone with the best by far (in my opinion). Sensaria is an incredible company, wonderful products and they are dedicated to consultants making money! They are solid and strong and have a great training system. I am blessed to have found a business as good as TBSAH. I had to look at many! But it was worth it to be sure. Check my website and see what you think! There is a special incentive for TBSAH consultants to sign up. Contact me to find out about it!
Hugs,
Loree

March 23, 2009 at 12:51 am
(11) Loree Mezzanatto says:

My website didn’t come through so here it is…

Hugs,
Loree

March 23, 2009 at 2:08 am
(12) LT Foster says:

My heart really goes out to the Consultants that worked so diligently to obtain their repective levels within TBSAH. Please allow me to suggest an another option… http://www.lfoster15@qhealthbeauty.com .

I wish you the best!
LT

March 23, 2009 at 1:29 pm
(13) Body Shop Consultant says:

I have been a consultant with The Body Shop at Home for 5 years. This is incredibly sad news for me. I have loved these products for a long time. I started my business because I enjoyed using the products and wanted to be able to enjoy a little extra income along with my personal discount. I have been approached by so many different direct sales people since the news went out my head is spinning. I haven’t been able to get on all the calls and still am unsure why they had to close this division. There were times where we were outselling the stores. With Avon, Arbonne and Mary Kay still out there….I just don’t get it. Fortunately I was not and will not rely on this type of business for my sole income. I always worked a full time job and thank God I stayed that way. I will find another product line that I will be able to enjoy and share I am sure. I just wanted to vent a little……

March 23, 2009 at 2:44 pm
(14) Heather Phillips says:

Hey Body Shop Girls,
My condolences to you on the closing of the doors for your business. I can only imagine the additional stress this may be causing all of you!
If you’d like to considering continuing your career in direct sales and would consider jewelry as your product, I’d like to invite each of you to consider Jewels by Park Lane. It is the number one jewelry company in direct sales. They are a debt free company that has been around since 1955! The programs are extremely generous and the company takes into consideration your direct sales exerience and may even appoint you to management position!
Please contact me if you’d like additional information. I truly believe this company is unbelievably AMAZING!

March 23, 2009 at 11:27 pm
(15) Diane says:

Hi Ladies,

I worked for Anita Roddick for 10 year in her home office in New Jersey. A great woman and a great company. I never did the at home end of the business but I used all the products for years. Being out of the work force for 11 years I recently returned as an Idependent Manager for Sensaria Natural Bodycare. What I loved about this comapny was the passion which reminded my of TBS and the products are all natural not tested on animals very similar to Anita’s philosphy. I can say the one difference is the product. I used TBS for years and it simply does not compare to Sensaria. Please contace me if you are interested in hearing about Sensaria Natural Bodycare. http://www.sensaria.com/draheb

March 24, 2009 at 1:47 am
(16) Nicole says:

What a bummer,I would be really frustrated…and sad too.
I recently joined a new company called DoTerra Essential Wellness, they carry Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential oils; the purest essential oils on the market today, as well as other natural wellness products. DoTerra has helped us empower ourselves to take responsibility for our own health.
Here is our website, http://www.mydoterra.com/experiencedoterra. We know you will love doTerra as much as we do.

March 24, 2009 at 4:12 pm
(17) Penny Clay says:

I’ve had two previous companies go out of business on me so I’ve been where you are and feel for you. Please know that everyone in direct sales is thinking of you right now and wishing you only the best. http://www.pennyclay.mywildtree.com

March 24, 2009 at 5:55 pm
(18) Lisa Robbin Young says:

I’s always a challenge to “regroup” when a door closes.

But you can either stare blankly at the closed door or move on.

TBSAH consultants that were paying attention knew that at the very least there were turbluent times ahead after the shake up last fall. I also feel bad for the home office people that walked in Monday morning with no notice whatsoever that their division would be closing.

Thankfully, we as consultants have been given a lot more ime than most direct elling companies allow to find alternatives – and from the posts that about here, we know there are many many opportunities awaiting us.

Nothing will replace what we lost at TBSAH, because ohing will ever be exactly what TBSAH was. That doesn’t mean, however, that we’re to stand starting at that closed door.

I was blessed with multiple offers and finally settled on something that worked for me and made a natural transition to a comparable product line.

As a direct sales coach and trainer, I never relied on TBSAH to keep me in business. I’ve always said that you need to market yourself because YOU are the most important product yuor company has to offer. the company takes care of marketing the product and the comp plan, you need to worry about YOU.

As a result, I’ve landed safely in my new home, and I wish you all the same peace in your direct sales journey.
-Lisa Robbin Young,
Founder
HomePartySolution.com

March 24, 2009 at 11:17 pm
(19) Kim Morris says:

I was a Director with the Body Shop at HOme but left last year to go with another company that has changed my life. Jewels by Park Lane. They recognize your experience and bring you in at that level. We are a 53 year old company that is family owned. We had an 80% increase last year over the previous year!! No one ever gets reclassed. If you would like more information please contact me at 805-501-2217. I would love to interview you and tell you about our wonderful programs. People who have come over from Body Shop have doubled their income in 6 months. You can visit my website at http://www.myparklane.com/kmorris
When one door closes, another opens. This is an incredible opportunity.

March 24, 2009 at 11:30 pm
(20) Eve says:

Hey Body Shop Ladies,

It is such a bummer! My heart really goes out to all the Consultants that worked so diligently to obtain their respective levels within TBSAH. Please allow me to suggest another option…

I recently became a consultant, building my business and just enjoying it so much. I know I have gone with the best company by far (in my opinion). Sensaria is an incredible company, wonderful products and they are dedicated to consultants making money! They compensate their consultants with so my different incentive as well as their customers. They are solid and strong and have a great training system. What I loved about this company also was the passion; the products are all natural and not tested on animals. I am blessed to have found a business that empowers woman and provide the level of service that they do. It was definitely worth it. Check my website and see what you think! There is a special incentive for new consultants to sign up. Please contact me if you are interested in hearing about Sensaria Natural Bodycare.

“Eve”

March 25, 2009 at 12:22 pm
(21) Kathy says:

It is so discouraging to hear about the loss of your company. My heart goes out to you consultants. I am a representative for Wildtree, which is natural food products without preservatives, and additives. The compensation plan is the best I have seen. The company is a food company, and is growing very quickly with all the health related issues, and people still have to eat even if the economy is poor. The company is making a great offer for any consultants who want to join Wildtree. Please check out my website. They are very solid, and it is very good company with support and training.

March 25, 2009 at 3:49 pm
(22) Lisa says:

Hi Body Shop at Home Consultants,
I am sorry to hear about the recent decision by the body shop at home and would love the opportunity to speak with you about an amazing opportunity.

Partner with the creators of the International Brand PROACTIV Solution, the world’s leading acne system. What the Dr.’s did for acne they are about to do again for Sun damaged and Aging skin. The dermatologists have created regimens of skin care that are FDA approved and backed by science. These products were the #1 line at Nordstroms!!

This is a untapped market…. over 100 million people suffer from this condition alone! I am looking for self-motivated, trainable people to join my Executive Leadership team to help launch this ground floor business as we expand across the nation. Amazing Fast Track Bonuses available!!

I would love to work with you and start up your new business. Please email your contact information.

Thank you for looking at Rodan & Fields;
I look forward to speaking with you!

Lisa
Rodan & Fields Dermatologists Consultant
LisaF.myrandf.com
LFskincare@aol.com

March 25, 2009 at 4:41 pm
(23) Lisa says:

I have been a fan of The Body Shop products for years and a consultant for 5 yrs. As a loyal customer I could never sell another cosmetic or skincare of a competitor name as the passion just would not be there. I was a customer before a consultant. I too cant see how this is an economic decision. In working at a local store during a few Love Your Body events, that particular sales team may have had a retail goal of $400 for the night. As consultants we were able to do $800 or a $1000 at each party. So I am a little confused on the decision, unless as mentioned the stores are hurting too? I am searching for a new “fun money” business. Before joining with The Body Shop I was a Pampered Chef for 8 years and I could never go back to that line either. The Body Shop was just too easy, too fun, too profitable and too loved!

March 25, 2009 at 11:44 pm
(24) Debbie says:

When the wind has been knocked out of your sails it can be a challenge to take the necessary steps to get yourself back on track. I know how you feel because about 2 years ago a similar event happened to me and my husband after being involved and successful in a direct marketing business after 18 years of dedication.
But I believe there is areason for everything. Now I am at the top of a booming network marketing company. My direct upline is the CEO’s daughter. My downline is a vibrant part of the company’s success!
If you are a leader and looking for a way to go forward and continue to enjoy the freedom you had representing The Body Shop at Home- you owe it to yourself to check out ItWorks!
Our signature product is a naturally based product named The Ultimate Body Applicator which promotes physical and fiscal health. Developed by a doctor in conjunction with an herbal research specialist, the applicator consists of a lotion and gel combination applied to site specific areas of the body using a special non-woven cloth. In just 45 minutes, the applicator helps promote adipose (fat) cell shrinkage and inch loss by detoxifying, tightening, toning and firming the skin. Typical inch loss is 1-3 inches in 45 minutes- NOT water weight!
ItWorks! is gaining nationwide recognition for it’s unique compensation plan, its life changing products and its amazing growth. You still have time to get in at the top, before the tipping point! ItWorks! is recruiting leaders now.
Check out my website and feel free to contact me. I would be more than happy to help in any way I can! http://www.deb.itwork.net

March 26, 2009 at 9:33 am
(25) Renee Gibson says:

Hi Ladies,

So sorry to hear about body shop at home sales. I was a big fan too. Not too long ago I joined Tastefully Simple, a direct sales company that has been in businss over 14 years and is “DEBT FREE”. This company is awesome with immediate support from their headquarters and local team managers. I have been more successful in the last three months than I could have ever imagined! TS offers a “recession proof product” and with most items under $9.99 it sells itself! I have used the products for over 5 years and they are excellent – most require only two additional ingredients so very “simple”! In today’s economy more people are eating at home and these easy to prepare gourmet foods take eating in to a new level. I would love to share this opportunity with you. You can contact me at rmgibson1@verizon.net or http://www.tastefullysimple.com/web/rgibson.

March 26, 2009 at 10:29 am
(26) Linda Lachowicz says:

Hi Ladies ~

What a shock this must be to all of you! I experienced a similar situation when the doctor I was working for suddenly retired.

I ended up in Direct Sales (something I NEVER saw myself doing!) and am going strong at 5 years plus!

I am with a debt-free jewelry company whose home show average has increased over the past 18 months. How many companies can make that statement in these trying times??!

I would love to share more with you to see if my company may be a good fit for you.

Email address: silverbelle@triton.net

March 26, 2009 at 11:52 am
(27) Christine says:

I was involved with a company that had closed it’s doors and it was a sad thing. For the Body Shop at Home girls, you know what I am talking about….

You’ve invested your heart and soul into your product and company. You probably even built a team along the way because of your passion and commitment. I felt the same way you are right now. Shocked, saddened, worried, frustrated, and MAD all at the same time. Working through the stages of grief, so to speak.

I had a team of over 400 in my successline at the time and how scary it was to know that my income was suddenly being eliminated (one I worked hard to earn and you have too).

There is also this overwhelming need to “take care” of team members who are part of your unit. The camaraderie and friendship and trust earned…your friends they have become, nearly like a family!
When one door closes, another one opens.
I promise you that the future is bright! You have heard this already right? And sometimes it’s hard to swallow in an economy like this. One that makes us scared of the present, never mind the future!

You have to stay positive and remain solid in your skills, ability, leadership, and character. You can rebuild. Take this time as the chance to refresh and renew what you do. The future is bright because YOU are the driver!

Your destination is around the corner, a fresh horizon of exciting things to encounter and enjoy. New people to meet, new awards to win, and a new business to be proud of.

My story ended positively too. Now I am a Corporate Regional Sales Manager for a party plan company that is amazing and refreshing and exciting. A product line I never thought I would ever join if you asked me a couple years ago. (and for those who know I hate to cook, no…it’s not a kitchen ware company LOL)

So be prepared for the future now by looking at things from a fresh perspective. Your growth, taking it to the next level, may not have occurred unless you went through this and opened up a new path for you to walk!

Best Wishes for Success!
And certainly, I would be honored to have amazing women from Body Shop at Home working alongside me.

Warmly,

Christine Strong
Regional Sales Manager
Booty Parlor Parties
(310) 770-8202
Email Me
My Website
My Blog

March 26, 2009 at 2:01 pm
(28) Erika says:

If you have just been “let go” from the body shop I am here to tell you its going to be ok. Join my very fast growing team with Rodan and Fields, the creators of proactiv and earn 4 of the bonuses we have going on right now, one of which will earn you $10,000. We have less then 2,000 consultants nation wide and we are growing very fast. I am a founding and executive consultant and my team is the fastest growing in the company. Join me and let me help you take your next business step. I will work with you 100% of the way to learn and love this business. Email me at Skincareconsulting@Gmail.com for more info. And again I am very sorry for your loss of the company, but am here to offer you HUGE growth in a new company.

March 26, 2009 at 4:32 pm
(29) Lisa says:

If you are looking for another great business opportunity then check out Soul Purpose.

The Soul Purpose bath and body product collections include an array of products to pamper your body from head to toe. Our products are all natural made with the finest ingredients including wild crafted shea butter, organic honey, no harmful parabens or sulfates and infused with our proprietary blend of antioxidants.

Through the development and marketing of highly differentiated, natural and botanically based beauty and wellness products; Soul Purpose is dedicated to providing entrepreneurial opportunities and resources to empower people (with a focus on African American, Hispanic, Asian and Native American women). Our goal is to help entrepreneurs launch and sustain viable socially-responsible businesses that will create wealth, stimulate growth and revitalize minority and other communities across the country and globally.

Soul Purpose is a different kind of company. We are committed to improving your lifestyle, providing you with high quality natural products, protecting our environment and our plant and providing you with an empowering business opportunity for entrepreneurship and prosperity.

A great opportunity…Join us today for as little as $10.00. As an Independent Business Owner, you are in complete control.

March 26, 2009 at 6:14 pm
(30) Mel says:

I would love to welcome any Body Shop at Home Consultants to my team with another company if you are still wanting to build a home based business.

March 26, 2009 at 6:19 pm
(31) Rhonda says:

My friend sells Arbonne and has been with them for four years! I was a Body Shop at Home Consultant and I just called my friend and we are chatting about the opportunity. She has done very well in her business and was very sensitive to my needs. I don’t feel I am ready to take on another business but I want to refer you to her because she is so understanding and ethical, her email is melanie@ak.net

March 27, 2009 at 12:42 am
(32) Crow says:

Very unfortunate. Sorry for all the consultants.

March 27, 2009 at 11:57 am
(33) Jennifer Hickman says:

I was so sorry to hear this news! I’ve been an avid supporter of direct sales, both as a Consultant and as a loyal customer to several companies for many, many years.

For those Body Shop at Home leaders, interested in staying with the skincare industry, I’d love to share an amazing opportunity I was fortunate enough to find last year. We have had solid growth every month and are in the process of our national expansion, so it’s a ground floor opportunity with an already very established company.

We’re backed by Estee Lauder, one of the skincare giants (the Donald Trump of skincare!), and have a solid corporate team backed by many years of success in building, developing and successfully managing direct sales companies.

We are GROWING and with very much in demand clinical skincare products, our sales are actually UP in this economy! And, our top leaders are making 6 figures in 6 months!

Email me for more information: SkinConcerns@gmail.com, or visit my Website for more: http://skinconcerns.myrandf.com.

Wishing all Body Shop at Home Consultants the VERY best!

March 27, 2009 at 10:33 pm
(34) Laura Hulleman says:

Hello to all,

It is interesting how many new “skin care” consultants are trying to glean off this TBSH misfortune. I would definitely take the advice of some here that recommended that you take time and consider the next steps.

I am starting a business this week. What I looked at was debt of the company, company leadership, and multiple product line. I didn’t want to work for a company that was just lotions, or make up, or vitamins. I want to work with a company that had it’s eye on the next thing and the next thing and the next thing. This is the only way to stay in business in today’s ever changing market. So in evaluating a number of them I have chosen to go with the UnFranchise. They are working with the music industry, wellness, cosmetics and skincare, medical marketing, business technologies, mobile communications and a number of other billion dollar industries. That made so much sense to me, because maybe I love one industry, but I can sell and recruit in all industries. Everybody wins.

If anyone is interested in information, really no pressure let me know. And I do mean no pressure; I only need 2 people working like I do to make money with this business. So I don’t have to strong arm anyone; I LOVE IT! Anyway, send me an email, and I can send you an annual report so you can see the numbers yourself.

If this one is not for you, please find something that is. In this economy you can’t be without a back up plan, extra money coming in just in case. Much love to all, especially the consultant and family of TBSH.

Laura Hulleman
lbhulleman@yahoo.com

March 28, 2009 at 2:29 pm
(35) terry says:

It’s a sad day when a direct selling company goes out of business, leaving so many consultants without a job. I have represented Silpada Designs Sterling Silver jewelry for more than 5 years and our CEO just issued the State of Silpada and it is fantastically solid! I love this company, their generosity, their future plans and so much more. For more info on becoming part of the next wave of Silpada’s growth, please go to my website at http://www.mysilpada.com/terry.parvan. Please check out our catalogs there too.

March 29, 2009 at 9:03 am
(36) Kat says:

I am a coordinator with TBSAH and wanted to say that when 1 door closes another opens – so for all other consultants, stay positive and research for your next opportunity! You do have to be careful about about what you’re told…there are many Directors who are getting an incentive to bring their team to another company…just do your own research and get on the biz opp calls yourself!

For me, I’ve decided to do something different and exciting!! Still has some beauty care items…I’ve become a Sexy Lifestyle Advisor/Bootician with Booty Parlor Parties! We are the beauty parlor for your love life!! Yes, it’s what you’ve seen in Glamour, In Touch, Lucky, & Cosmo magazines – even Parents Magazine! – or maybe you saw us on The Tyra Banks show or Today Show! For more, visit me at http://www.bootyparlorparties.com/Kat

Good Luck to us all!!

March 31, 2009 at 8:22 am
(37) Marta says:

I was so sorry to hear about your company closing. I have been a consultant for Thirty-One now for a year, and I could not imagine not having the income from that, let alone those of you that have put 5+ years work into your business. Thirty-One is a faith based company that is expanding rapidly and is DEBT FREE!!! Started in TN, we now have a home office in OH as well. We are releasing a kids line April 1st and a “tween” line June 1st!!!! We are offering a special for those who are considering joining our company in April. For $25 you can join my team! Thirty-One also offers us a great program to earn our business supplies for FREE!! You already have the contacts necessary to build a business, please don’t let this opportunity pass you by. Google Thirty-One home sales. After researching how fabulous my company is, please feel free to contact we with any questions.
Have a wonderful day
Marta Guinn
Sr. Consultant
(765) 730-4448

March 31, 2009 at 9:56 pm
(38) Lina Williams says:

This is terrible news for consultants. If you are looking for another opportunity I may be able to help you stay in the spa party business and keep your downline. Please visit my website and send me an email if you are interested in learning more. http://www.beautipage.com/linawilliams.

March 31, 2009 at 10:17 pm
(39) Courtney says:

Hi Ladies-
I am so sorry to hear the sad news. I know you probably feel lost and even a little sick! But hang in there! Something will come your way. I am a consultant for Thirty-One. We are a faith based company that believes in rewarding, encouraging, and celebrating women. We are debt free and just launched a new kids line. We have a wide variety of gifts from purses, make-up bags, beach totes, bibs, and many more items and you can get them monogrammed! I have been a consultant for about 6 months and have loved the EXTRA income!
My heart goes all to all you girls! If you want to learn more just visit my website!

Courtney

April 2, 2009 at 9:59 pm
(40) Paul Sorgi says:

Ladies before you jump into your next company look at more than the product. Read the contract, understand the compensation plan and if the company is competing with its distributors like The Body Shop and Avon don’t join. No Pitch here but if you want to learn how to build it to last a life time then just visit my blog and get your free Success In 10 Steps book for your reading pleasure, It will save you years of failure and frustration. My heart goes out to ALL of you its to Bad the company has stolen all your customers.

Your Friend,

Paul

April 5, 2009 at 12:36 am
(41) Merisa says:

I was BSAH consultant for 3 months and doing very well. I am very sad that the Body Shop at Home is closing. I did some research and found Jordan Essentials, a bath and body and skin care company. They are offering a $25 sign up for TBSAH consultants. If interested please call me at 618-637-2598 or check out the website http://www.jordanessentials.com/11734.
Take care and good luch to all.

April 9, 2009 at 9:25 am
(42) Angela says:

I’m find it sad to hear this news. I’m sorry to all the consultants that invested so much time and effort into making they’re business grow. If your looking for another opportunity with a successful business, please email me at lovemyscents@msn.com or visit my website at http://www.scentsy.com/11858.

April 12, 2009 at 10:43 am
(43) Katelyn Mariah says:

I am sorry to hear about the closing of The Body Shop at Home and how that impacts the distributors who have worked hard to build a business.

I am part of It Works Marketing, the company Debbie mentioned in this thread earlier.
If you are looking for a solid company that is expanding rapidly with products that are helping people look and feel better check out our website.

April 12, 2009 at 10:48 am
(44) Katelyn Mariah says:

Sorry I thought the web address for the beautiful website would be included. Here it is: http://www.asmalleryou.net

April 13, 2009 at 4:15 pm
(45) Karen says:

KEEP YOUR CURRENT ranking OR HIGHER! We are offering any Body Shop Consultant the opportunity to join us at a level that corresponds to their rank achieved at Body Shop and Home! For all Body Shop at Home consultants who join Jennifer and Sylvester Stallone’s new ground floor company! The reason I say you may have even a higher ranking, is because our compensation plan is set up MUCH differently than others! A manager in BSAH, may be the equivalent of our senior manager, director or even higher! Also, you WOULD ALWAYS keep your team that you brought with you! Own your own business, but work directly with a presidential founder team. NO REQUIRED PARTIES, NO TAKING ORDERS OR PAYMENTS, NO REQUIRED INVENTORY, NO MONTHLY QUOTAS AND MORE! You (and I) can move consultants to build your team faster – no waiting on those under you to move up, before you can move up – and you keep the enroller bonus for life, even on those you move! When you hear the details, it will be a no-brainer! The best PROVEN products – now improved even more w/cutting edge & patented technology, the best compensation plan (documented by the company who wrote the plan and the plan of over 700 of the biggest companies out there), we pay REAL money (not on a debit card as some do), the amazing reputation of 2 celebs who are walking testimonials to their products & so much more – with NO risk of failure! Get the information today! Email me at topisces43@yahoo.com to set up a telephone interview.
Karen

April 15, 2009 at 1:06 pm
(46) Ericka Keen says:

My name is Ericka and my heart goes out to all of those that are loosing their businesses and their friends with this closing. This is not a forum that I would normally participate in but as I read through the posts… what I found that was missing was “something different” as an option for women.

I am the Regional Manager for a company that is so very different. The company name is J.Hilburn and I invite you to google us and see what the financial world is saying about us. WE CATER TO MEN! We sell products that men NEED. We offer a business to a Stay at Home Mom while her children are at school and we never hold parties. Gone are the days of compromising those precious events in the evenings so that you can work your business. Never miss another baseball game or practice. Never leave your family on the weekend and always cut your business off when they get home from school. It’s called true Balance.

We sell custom men’s clothing (shirts) by appts and we do so at a retail price, the same as a dept store….except their shirts actually fit. We offer ONLY Italian Fabrics and European Cotton. All of our business is repeat and is now availabe to men after their first shirt as E Commerce with our Partners (consultants) getting the sale while they sleep or play. NO LUGGING IN PRODUCT. Everything you need fits in your purse. No more emoational purchasing or parties cancelling. No more stress at the end of every month to “make your numbers”.

If you are wondering “Who buys custom in this economy” let me assure you that we sell a shirt that fits at the same price as the shirt in a retail environment that doesn’t. We offer problem solving for men (no more arms too long or short, collars too tight, colors they don’t like). Our sales are huge and so is our growth. Men hate to shop, we give them an option and THEY LOVE IT. Customer Service like they’ve never seen.

Think about it…No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service. Eveyone needs to wear a shirt….shouldn’t that shirt feel amazing and make you look amazing all while looking 10 lbs lighter. Your first shirt can be $59.00. Let me repeat…$59.00!!!

If you would like to chat or no of someone that may want to look at this opportunity…please give me a call at 678-644-0145. As a Corporate member, please know that all calls are confidential. We are currently in 25 of the 50 states. Would you like to launch a state or city for us???

Oh, and this is NOT a recruiting heavy model. We are looking for women that are a good fit… not just anyone breathing. We want it to be right for everyone.

Ericka Keen 678-644-0145

April 15, 2009 at 7:40 pm
(47) Deborah Moon says:

Dear Ladies,
I am sorry to here about your loss. Maybe it is a blessing in some way. I believe you should love what you sell. If you all believed in the products you sold, it may be hard to promote a new line. You have been giving the gift of helping women feel better about themselves. My company does that as well. I help women express who they are on the inside. I show them how to develop their personal style and increase their confidence. I am in a debt free company, focused on empowering women. I would love to talk to you more about what I do, and how you can do what I do.
Deborah Moon (208) 721-1686

April 16, 2009 at 9:00 pm
(48) Sarah says:

I love this blog. It’s a great way for TBSAH women to look for new opportunities. I personally think Sensaria is a great way to go. I’ve been a rep for over 7 years with them and I don’t have one complaint. Whatever the case, I wish all of you success in your new ventures. I’m sure you’ll find a home that works perfectly.

April 16, 2009 at 10:57 pm
(49) martha says:

I just teamed up with the Doctors who created the skincare line Proactive Solutions. We are looking for Entrepreneurs and Business Developers to launch and build a National Executive Team with Rodan and Fields Dermatologists. This is a unique opportunity as we just launched Be one of the first to establish this business Nationally and build the foundations for International expansion.

Rodan and Fields have done it again. This time with a OTC product line that addresses the wide-spread problems of premature aging and sun damage, a much larger market potential than Acne. The sun damaged, aging Skincare Industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and growing in the direct selling market and it follows an upward trend in this type of economic climate. This is a perfect time to find a comany so established in the market place already and a unique opportunity to develop a lucrative business.

I am looking for quality, motivated people to train and mentor to not only become new Executive Consultants this month but Leaders within the company. I am seeking passionate individuals that want to excel and learn more about direct sales marketing. This is about building a professional Leadership Team for Rodan and Fields and attracting exceptional people who enjoy teaming up with others to build their businesses.

You will be one of the first Rodan and Fields Consultants as we are now launching in the major markets. We have bonus progarams in place now along with a generous commission structure. Rodan and Fields are a member of the Direct Sales Association and is financially backed by the Estee Lauder Companies. This is truly a company of integrity check my site out at http://www.mkisadha.myrandf.com.

April 30, 2009 at 10:20 am
(50) Louise Airstone-Thompson says:

*****PLEASE NOTE*****

This is only for the USA, The Body Shop at Home in the UK is still up and running and going strong!

Love Louise

Area Manager
The Body Shop at Home

May 4, 2009 at 6:04 pm
(51) Jamie says:

I was so sad when I heard this news epically since I had just become a Consultant. This was really difficult for me one part because this was my very first job and I had just joined late Febuary. The only sad thing is that I bearly made a dime, merly because me “Supportive” friends hadn’t givin me a damn bit of buisness. Anyway this was a crushing blow for all consultants and in case anyone is interested my consultant who got me started in the Body Shop turned me onto Mona vie. It’s a great NATURAL product and there is nothing quite like it. I am very excited to start this new buisness and if anyone else is as well please email me @ brokentears14@yahoo.com

May 5, 2009 at 4:46 pm
(52) Roxanne Lynch says:

I was very sorry to hear of the Body Shop closing the consultant portion of their business! I wish the best to all of you in light of this devastating news. I’d like to extend an opportunity for you to become a part of an incredible company that I know would be a great fit for you! I am a District Manager for Arbonne International. We market pure Swiss skin care with no animal products, animal by-products, animal testing, dyes, or chemical fragrances. Our products are the best of nature and science combined. I would love the opportunity to talk to you about joining my team! Remember to believe in your dreams and reach for the stars!
Smiles,
Roxanne Lynch
(406)590-7546(SKIN)

May 6, 2009 at 2:33 pm
(53) bill mcfetridge says:

Hi,
I would like to introduce my Inspired cosmetic and fragrance business, which has now just launched in USA. I am looking for Body Shop reps, to help expend this business all across the usa. There is no UP FRONT FEES, no joining fees its free to join our business, your views and feedback would be great, OUR business is global and totally outstanding.

at….http://www.fmforperfume.com/perfumesinspired.com

Kind Regards

Bill

May 7, 2009 at 3:15 am
(54) bill says:

Hi All,

I am looking for away of contacting ex Body Shop reps in USA to Introduce my cosmetic and Fragrance Business, if anyone has an idea how I can make contact with them It would be excellent, email me with your ideas as your help with this would be outstanding
Thanks and have a great day

Bill

May 7, 2009 at 8:47 am
(55) Carly says:

this is a load of rubbish. I have just been promoted out as a manager for bodyshop at home and we are still recruiting consultants because our sales are up compared to this time last year. WE ARE NOT CLOSING OR STRUGGLING BUT GROWING! If antbody is looking for a well paid job email me (Carly) on carly_reilly@hotmail.co.uk and join the body shop at home today!!! x

May 7, 2009 at 9:36 am
(56) skincare says:

No, not rubbish. I was a senior coordinator for TBSAH and it’s over! We’re done!

May 21, 2009 at 12:42 am
(57) Carol says:

I feel bad for all of those consultants who have invested in their The Body Shop at Home business, beyond a kit they have to buy many items. To just close is NOT good.

May 26, 2009 at 4:45 pm
(58) Shelley Simmons says:

It Was no big surprise that tbs had to restructure its consultants but the commisions being paid to the high level directors was crucufying the usa business model, whilst sales were growing so was the huge commisions being paid out to the people that helped to start the at home business and simply that is what was unsustainable, it had nothing to do with market share.
The body shop is currently looking at ways to relaunch without the burden of huge monthly commision checks, we are looking for a way for the independant consultant to be truly independant and un-encumbered by MLM uplines which stiffled this and other at home opportunities.

A large chunk of former body shop girls went over to a company called Sensaria, the directors have retained their status and therefore have also retained their large commision checks, i personally do not feel that the best interests of the independant consultant were looked after here.

In due time tbs will return and will present its new strategy for the benefit of both customers and consultants alike.

Regards,
Shelley Simmons
The Body Shop
Director of Public Relations, Americas region
16 Fulton Street
New York, New York 10038
Office: +1 212 480 9878
Cell: +1 646 373 3810
Email: shelley.simmons@thebodyshop.com

June 3, 2009 at 11:35 pm
(59) Danah says:

For those of you looking for a way NOT to get laid off, Home Interiors went bankrupt unfortunately and Home and Garden Party purchased them and now are Celebrating Home. Celebrating Home is still a debt free company even after acquiring HI. So if you know anyone else that I can help let me know. I am making really good money with CH and seriously it is not a luxury, this is a need, a fun way to create a home of comfort and beauty! Also check Southern Living, Time has them up for sale too! Sad day for consultants! BUT come to CH and join the fun!! Just $119 in June!
Danah

June 10, 2009 at 8:30 pm
(60) Tami says:

If you are looking for a great new skincare company please check out Become Beauty. It’s an Australian luxury skincare company and new to the United States! It’s a fantastic opportunity, please email me at: tamihaug@aol.com for more information.

June 15, 2009 at 9:39 pm
(61) Alma Martinez says:

I am so sorry to hear about this…If you want to look into something different and continue to enjoy working from home join me at http://www.brownbagparty.com/alma. Commission is 50% as a rep and all your hostesses earn 20% of Hostess Rewards.

June 20, 2009 at 9:37 pm
(62) Missy says:

Hi ladies, I am in shock that there are people STILL commenting on this subject! I was with TBSAH for only a year but I think about my time with this company EVERYDAY!! There is NOTHING that compares. I have tried so hard to find something that I can embrace, but I seem to constantly compare to TBSAH. I don’t think they are going to restructure and come back, but I would LOVE it if they did!

Are there ANY woman out there who have any advice for me? I literally DREAM about it haha! I made so many friends and my customer’s LOVED the parties and LOVED the products!!! I need some advice and support! Are there any other woman who are as crazy as I am? Or have we all just moved on?

Thank you for listening!

July 10, 2009 at 7:06 pm
(63) Tracey says:

Hi Ladies! I heard about this and I am so sorry that this has happened! I’ve been to The Body Shop parties and I would have never guessed that this would have taken place. I joined Booty Parlor Parties last October and it is an AMAZING company! If your want to stay in direct sales and love girly items that assist women in feeling sexy & confident, check out my site for more information on Booty Parlor! The Savvy Pink Ladies team would love to add you to it!

Good luck and please do not hesitate to contact me through the site if you have any questions at all!

Take care,
Tracey
“Bootician”

August 19, 2009 at 4:54 pm
(64) Cyndi says:

Like Tami, I am also a consultant with the new Australian skincare company, Become Beauty. They bare new to the US and everyone LOVES the products! We have right at 400 consultants, so this is truly a ground floor opportunity! For more information, email Hollmans@aol.com

August 19, 2009 at 9:39 pm
(65) Katie says:

Cosmetics sales are great but if you’d like to consider a unique online business opportunity, check out
TheAspenShops.com You can represent a trendy line of designer wedding favors as well as adorable baby gifts and baby shower favors. The company pays a cool 40% commission.
Use coupon code ABOUT to waive the registration fee.
Happy selling!

August 28, 2009 at 10:51 am
(66) Bill says:

If you Love Gucci and Armani and Chanel then I know you will love this.

If you work or have worked for Avon or The Body Shop this will run along side of both. Smell Great and make money.http://www.fmforperfume.com/perfumesinspired.com

September 8, 2009 at 1:23 pm
(67) Jo says:

Hi Gals.. I was not really shocked to hear that tbsah was going out of business. I was watching our specials, our rewards and mostly The Body Shop At Home administrators. It was pretty evident to me that we were getting rid of stock rather than building a business. When the leader Conference changed to a webinar, I felt pretty sure that my days (after 5+ years) were numbered. I have recently joined a new company that has such integrity, great products and who really does care about us enough to let us have a say in what is going on in the company. My party average went from 350.00 to 500.00 No store or e commerce to compete with… if your customer orders by accident from E-commerce you receive a check for the commision in the mail… If you want another great natural product to sell and a company you can get passionate about follow my web url and read about it!! I have actually made money in this company and it is just soooo easy!! Check us out..

March 28, 2010 at 10:30 am
(68) susan says:

I know many ladies who love Body Shop at Home will find a new home. doTERRA is a wonderful 2 year old company that sales have grown 2000% in the last year. Yes, that is thousand not hundred. Amazing Certified Pure Essential Oils, Skincare, and Supplements. Take a look. I’ve been in direct sales for over 11 years and have NEVER seen this kind of growth.
801-712-8692
susancrivac@comcast.net
Susan

June 14, 2010 at 3:08 pm
(69) Natallie says:

Im so sorry to hear the Body Shop is no longer doing home parties I love their products and was just looking for a consultant since we don’t have a store close to me. If any of you would like to try something NEW please visit my site http://2002.scentsy.us this company is amazing and growing fast who knows what they will come out with next it’s very exciting. I would love to help you succeed with our awesome home business

November 18, 2010 at 4:41 pm
(70) ashley says:

Is it possible to find a consultant for fort collins, colorado to do a party before they go under. i have a bunch of college girls who have done them before and would love to do one again and buy their favorite products again

March 13, 2011 at 11:19 pm
(71) Vickey Albert-Director/Brand Ambassador says:

TRY IT. LOVE IT. SPREAD THE BUZZ.
Let this sweet cycle begin when you order your Votre Vu Brand Ambassador Pak!
And you have options…that’s the beauty of Votre Vu!
Don’t delay! Talk to your sponsoring Brand Ambassador or learn more by clicking
‘Join Our Team as a Brand Ambassador’ in the ‘Join Us’ section at votrevu.com/vickey.
It’s simple, choose just the right Pak for you and become a part of Votre Vu TODAY!
Personal Shopper Pak $69 – Over $100 Value!
Two options: Beverage & Skin Care Pak or Beverage-Only Pak•
More than $100 worth of top-selling products when you sign up•
Discounts of 30% off retail purchases, with every third item 50% off•
FREE shipping on future orders over $150•
Monthly specials featuring up to 75% off select item•
One year of the Votre Vu online business system•
And…you have the future option of upgrading and earning income by sharing Votre Vu and its products with others•
startMEup Pak $199 – Over $400 Value!
You’ll receive Personal Shopper benefits, PLUS:
More that $400 worth of products tailored to your skin • type when you sign up
Commission earnings of 30% simply by sharing this • luxe line
Sizeable override commissions based on team product • sales when you sponsor new Brand Ambassadors and build a team – one of the most generous compensation plans in direct selling
Weekly pay on your Votre Vu• ® MasterCard Debit Card
Powerful online tools for your business•
Personalized e-commerce web site•
No inventory or deliveries•
FREE Host Program•
Virtually unlimited income earning potential•
Premium startMEup Pak $399 – Over $1000 Value!
You’ll receive all the startMEup Pak benefits, PLUS:
More products (18 full size products we know you will love!) AND the upgraded Premium version of samples • and business supplies!
startMEup!

April 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm
(72) Nadine says:

I’m late to the party but I had to thank the posters for the amusement. Vultures indeed. I did TBSAH for a bit and it was a fun job but the overall feeling was just like it is here, and it seems like that goes for all HBB opportunities.
OOH! You’re out of a job! Tough luck, here get on under me so I profit!
71 comments that just proved that. lol

May 19, 2011 at 12:38 am
(73) kathy says:

Nadine, you said it! I was a regular at my local body shop store. They had the at home lady there one day, so I booked a party. I worked for seven years in direct sales so I knew the deal. I asked this woman to contact me and to send me books to show around so I could take outside orders, and to entice people to attend, etc. She literally never called me once or provided anything for me at all. I even called her once myself and never received a return call. Three weeks later, on the night of my “party,” she called to confirm my address and that she was on her way to my house. I told her not to come and I told her why. I confronted her on why she had not provided any sales literature as she said she would, and why she had not returned my call to her two weeks before. She had no explanation and was speechless so I hung up. A few minutes later her HUSBAND called me. He was angry and tried to tell me they had already packed up the car and were on their way over and that I really HAD to hold the party, and that I should call a few people to come over as guests. I went ballistic on him. This was a man I had never met or spoken to, as far as I was concerned he had no right to even dial my phone number. I told him if they came to my home and on my property I would call the police and have them arrested. I told him I was reporting their “business” to The Body Shop company and to the Better Business Bureau. I was furious.
I am at a point now where I would love to do direct sales again, and since all the Body Shop stores in my area have closed, I thought I would look into the Body Shop At Home thing. But I have learned here that they tanked two years ago, not surprised considering everything.

July 19, 2011 at 8:20 am
(74) shirley says:

I am a Premier Designs Jeweler and have been for the past 9 years. I have been very successful in this busines and by doing one thig: serving! Our company is debt free and a biblically based company. It is nice to be involved in a company that focuses more on serving than selling. TRUST ne ladies, the jewelry WILL sell!
I have been involved (in the past) with companies that DO NOT even come close to what Premier is! It saddens me that these other ladies have such an unknown future! Our owners were high in Home Interiors before they started this business and other sales as well so they knew the business part of how to run a successful business, but what sets us apart is that we, again, are focused on serving and not just sales! I have been very consistent in my business and love that I can stay home and home school my children and have been doing that forever it seems! I would rather be a workhorse than a race horse, Anything that you can “buy your promotion” or anything that “you can get into for next to nothing” remember this: You get what ya pay for. This is not a sales pitch at all, but if you want to hear about a REAL business that you can find LONG TERM success and know is a DEBT FREE company, please email me asap:

premiermomma@yahoo.com

Shirley

July 19, 2011 at 8:28 am
(75) shirley says:

One more thing: In my business, Premier Designs, You will NEVER get your downline taken away if you demote for a while. There was a time I had went down in “status” and do you knwo what Premier did?? They sent me a note, telling me that I am loved and that they are cheering me on as I get back up! Also, I was STILL invited to ALL the leadership activities! I would have never had the encouragement if it were not for Premier! They are AWESOME!
Also, remember this: When you get into a REAL business, you get what you pay for! Think about it if you are only paying $10, $25, $100 be leery, Read ALL the fine lines, Read ALL the details and sit down and do apples to apples, Are you going to be nickeled and dimed to death?? Just something to think about. Again, please contact me if you want more information. .And please do not give “up” on direct sales becuase they are not all bad! premiermomma@yahoo.com

April 30, 2013 at 6:34 pm
(76) Reb says:

Hi people
The bodyshop Consultants are still working and having parties even now the doors are still open and your still can buy products from your consultants so do not fear we are here and here we will stay planning parties and selling these products to you door to door’

1 may 2013